Buyer gives “EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED” feedback, then files and wins resolution case

gogifts
Community Member

Subject: Buyer gives “EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED” feedback, then files and wins resolution case

Hi,

Can anyone help me recover $66 from a compulsive lying buyer?

I am the seller with a 100% rating.

Been selling on the large scale using other eBay accounts since 2011.

I sold a brand new black sensor outdoor wall double spotlight (including 2 new spotlight globes)

This buyer is the master of all liers...(PM me if you want  details to block them from your buyer/bidder block list)

Buyer receives my item promptly.

Buyer immediately enters feedback saying quote "EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED AAA+++"

Buyer emails me abusing and accusing me, "item used...rubbers stretched and used "(rubbers were in sealed plastic bag) and calls me every name.

I called eBay asking what to do about this abusive and accusive name caller.

EBay says, "well buyer not happy so it may not go in sellers favour" but wait for outcome of resolution case.

Buyer persists with abuse and sets up resolution case.

Buyer wins case.

EBay orders me to email buyer postage label to send back item to me.

Buyer asks me to confirm that I will refund him all his money (item +postage)

Buyer returns product completely broken (see photo attached)

Buyer gets full refund when I pick up registered product.

My total loss $66, $26 postage and $40 product not to mention my time also.

Again, ... PM me if you want  details to block them from your buyer/bidder block list)

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Buyer gives “EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED” feedback, then files and wins resolution case

Speechless!

Fight this all the way, threaten with FO, do anything you can think of, no way you should be out of pocket for this krap.

UHM

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

OP - go to the bottom of this page and click on Feedback Forum - the list of your feedback received will appear, then you can choose 'reply'

and I would put something along the lines of:

buyersid      You left glowing feedback, then later claimed faulty ??

That way you are letting us all know who the buyer is.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Jeepers! It looks to me like buyer has been a bit heavy handed during installation. I believe that, because I did a similar thing a few years back when installing some outdoor lights. Snapped one clean off and it was just hanging by the wires. My husband did it with some solar garden lights too when he was screwing them all together. Didn't know his own strength and snapped the top off one.

I would certainly be fighting it. I would RING eBay and say that the only way that kind of damage could be done was if it was done either accidentally or deliberately during installation.

I would also do as suggested and leave a follow up feedback for the feedback the buyer left and use their username in the follow up. That warns everyone else who this person is, because unless anyone is in a transaction with this person, all they can see is the anonymous ID that eBay generates.

I'm so sorry this happened.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

why does this not suprise me, ebay has no idea how to handle disputes. if it was me i would not send a label and i would cancel ebay membership. i'm sure there is dozens of sellers quiting ebay every week. soon it'll be chinese sellers and big name sellers here only.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

yes, great idea, wish i had have thought about taking that step.

I listed 8 clear photos of everything....showing it was brand new.I had nothing to hide and ebay

still believed him for some stupid reason. My long standing honesty didn't prevail in this case. ???

One community member thinks that because the account hasn't been used for such a long time

and his 100% perfect feedback score that the account my be hijacked....I never bthought of that.

The whole case didn't add up to me...here I am displaying total transparency and this guy calls me a lier and

that I give ebay a bad name , that I am a fraud.etc etc. etc. I was quite taken aback.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

why does this not suprise me, ebay has no idea how to handle disputes. if it was me i would not send a label and i would cancel ebay membership. i'm sure there is dozens of sellers quiting ebay every week. soon it'll be chinese sellers and big name sellers here only.

Unfortunately, it takes 3 months for a seller to close their selling account. This is to make sure that all items have been delivered and that no disputes, credits, or invoices are outstanding. Also, if you neglect to pay any moneys owing, eBay will either take it from your Paypal account, or if you've closed that as well, will pass on your debt to a debt collection agency. They really make sure they get their pound of flesh.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply