Buyer had address "to post office" and Sendle can't deliver. What should I do?

miske987
Community Member

Hi guys,

Buyer that bought more then couple of items and had the address saying "to Post Office" but didn't give me any additional informations or selected the preferred method of postage so I used Sendle as cheaper option. Now it seems that item can't be delivered so it will probably come back to me. Now I said that I would be happy to refund him in case it comes back or he can pay for the shipping by AUpost but he insist that he wants it send back without paying the shipping again. Not sure what should I do in this case because I already gave him cheaper prices and if I pay for postage again I will be loosing money. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Buyer had address "to post office" and Sendle can't deliver. What should I do?

Yes, you are right. So many buyers don't read descriptions. Maybe that's why some sellers even include "please read description" in the title of the listing (or sometimes even what is not included).

I don't know why anybody would buy without reading the description. It is a matter of common sense to read the description.

Sometimes I have even seen feedback stating "too small" or "too big" when the measurements were in the description... 

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Buyer had address "to post office" and Sendle can't deliver. What should I do?

How can we hope that buyers read lengthy T&Cs when they don't even read the couple of lines usually included in a description to know what they are buying?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

You say AP postage in your ads.  I would neg you if I were to get an item sent by Sendle because it is cheaper for you.  Many people do not like the idea of delivery by couriers

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

You are only offering Australia Post in your listings. Therefore, it's not the buyer's fault you selected to send via Sendle to save a buck. It's up to you to resend the item at your expense, via AP, to the address the buyer gave you. If you don't, the buyer will probably neg you, and you will unlikely get it removed. Given you only have 70 feedback, it will drop your percentage quite significantly.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply