Buyer has item delivered, yet also refunded them money

Can someone help me please, I am lost.

I sold an item for $988 and added tracking details. The item was lost in transit by Aus Post. Because there was no activity on the delivery for 7 days eBay closed the dispute against me in favour of the buyer.

Since then, the buyer has had the item delivered. I am now out of pocket, have no item and the buyer isn't responding.

eBay telling me because the item was delivered after the decision was made they cannot reverse the decision.

Anybody found a way around this before? Seems very unfair.

Please help
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Probably your best course of action would be to phone eBay (or preferably get them to call you back) and ask to speak to a supervisor letting them know that the item has now been delivered, and see if they can reopen the case.

Failing that fill out a form with the Australian Cyber Security Centre from the link below.

https://www.cyber.gov.au/report

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

The first thing you need to do is send the buyer an invoice for repayment (you can create an invoice through Paypal and send it to them).

Then you need to advise the buyer through email and (preferably) registered post as well that they can return the item - provide a means or method for them to do this - or payment is expected by X date. If payment is not made legal proceedings will begin, commencing with a report to ACORN (a federal agency dealing specifically with online fraud, who pass on the details of reports to the police local to the reportee - in other words, the buyer's local police will be notified that someone in their jurisdiction, if you will, is illegally in possession of goods). 

That might prompt them into action.

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You're wasting money paying for a store.

Also when on the phone to ebay, you can get that neg removed, because they mentioned getting their money back from ebay.  And they did get the phone after all.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

waving-hat-smiley-emoticon.gif

image host
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Yes indeed. Great to see you
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Ta muchly, you two....just a fleeting visit.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Hope you're travelling ok young lady, ya been MIA too long................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

"Anybody found a way around this before?"

Roadtrip.

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

STTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

We've missed you!

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply