Buyer left negative feedback after an unpaid item case was opened against them.

Hi, 

Can anyone help me here please. 

I had to open an unpaid item case against a buyer as I had not heard from her after several attempts at contacting her for payment. As soon as I opened the case she sent an email using profanity and left negative feedback for me. 

Is that alowed or can I ask ebay to remove the feedback seeing that she is in the wrong, not I?

Any help would be great. Thanks  

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

You could try.  If they don't remove it, respond to the Neg and leave the buyers user name in it, so others can whack her on their "Special List". 

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

(A)   report the profranity in the email by using the REPORT THIS MESSAGE

(B)   did you complete the unpaid item case?

Defect will be removed if:   The buyer didn't pay for their order and an unpaid item case is recorded against the buyer.

If so, ring ebay and insist the feedback be removed

That may not be the case as I see that you gave the buyer a week to pick up the item, and it has not been a week.    Perhaps you opened the case too soon?

(C)   put the buyer on your blocked buyers list

Always two sides to any story - if you say a week to pick up, you should have waited a week before taking any action, IMO

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Quote:     that she is in the wrong, not I?

Just how is the buyer in the wrong ?

Quote from your listing:

" Cash on pickup" ...  "and pick up within a week.

Sold the 12th ... today 17th ... well under a week and you open an unpaid item case !

The buyer's reaction with the alleged use of profanity was inappropriate

BUT you did not even follow your own terms of sale (as per above) so most probably deserve the red dot

And all over a $5.00 item

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks, I understand what you are saying and appreciate it. 

I contacted her 3 times and never receieved a reply, then I went to cancel the transaction because I didn't get any response from her and she refused to cancel it but never communicated as the the reason why? 

If I had receieved any communication from her I certainly would not have opened this case. 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I wonder if you might have hassled the buyer too much, especially over a $5 item?

I avoid contact as much as possible with buyers and NEVER email to request payment.  Asking for payment can just make buyers dig their heels in more.  They already get an automated invoice from eBay anyway.

If you contacted the buyer at least three times in 5 days for payment, that's alot of emails when you include the automated ebay ones. I would feel hassled too.  You can never know what is going on in people's lives, responding to your emails might not be a priority and they are within their rights not to contact straight away, however inconvenient that is for you.

I'm not suprised at the response you received.  Trying to cancel the transaction within 4 days seems a bit ?spiteful?.  You should never offer to cancel a transaction without the buyer's request, as they can say no and you lose your FVF, plus they can leave a neg, as they did for you.

My procedure, tried and tested, is to leave the buyer alone.  On day 3, I send an invoice - it looks like an automated ebay invoice but it is actually initiated by moi.  Then on day 4 or 5, I open an unpaid item dispute.  If the buyer pays, then great.  If not, it can be closed after 4 days and the buyer can no longer leave any feedback and FVFs are returned.  Much safer procedure.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

if you sent a cancellation request and she refused it, you cannot then open a Non Payer Dispute.

cancelld or refused cancellation requsts have theright to leave any f/back they like

non payers who have a case closed against them cannot leave fback

seems you choose the wrong Resolve a Problem and it has backfired big time, all over $5.... not a good move on your part,unfortuntely

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@iamanark wrote:

Quote:     that she is in the wrong, not I?

Just how is the buyer in the wrong ?

Quote from your listing:

" Cash on pickup" ...  "and pick up within a week.

Sold the 12th ... today 17th ... well under a week and you open an unpaid item case !

The buyer's reaction with the alleged use of profanity was inappropriate

BUT you did not even follow your own terms of sale (as per above) so most probably deserve the red dot

And all over a $5.00 item

Lol love the way you leave out other pertinant details included in the sellers listing Please make contact within 24 hours and pick up within a week. 

Whilst impossible to enforce, they are the nonetheless a stated, clear expectation (and IMO reasonable) that the seller has requested for an item that is pick up.

I do not condone hassling for payment by any seller, however I also respect that for a pick up item, it is important that a buyer contacts a seller as soon as possible after the sale so a suitable time can be organised ahead of time. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply