Buyer purchases multiple items with free postage

Hi y'all, an age-old question I'm sure

Buyer just purchased two items from me, listed as free postage, so two lots of postage. They've not asked me for a partial refund or anything. Is there any 'official' way I can give them some money back? I could chuck some money in the parcel I guess. 🤔

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Since they have made the purchase there's nothing stopping you from asking for their Paypal or bank account details to refund them that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Cool, thank you!

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Why can't you use the refund button?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I didn't know there was one haha! 

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Never chuck money in the parcel.  you can never prove that you have refunded them money in that way.  I know technically you don''t need to refund on free postage items (I do),  but do it officially via the refund option.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

There is a drop down menu in Orders

SEND REFUND.png

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you curraone, and sugar249 for that tip also. Much appreciated! Will organise a refund.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

As mentioned theres a drop down box and an option for postage discount with room for a message.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Actually, hey you guys, when I started putting in a refund, I saw that Ebay has recognised that - even though they were purchased hours apart - they are from a 'repeat buyer' and treated as one order. Can you point me to where I might find out if they paid twice for postage? Is it the "You made the sale" notification emails, stating the amount paid? I was just a little unsure when I saw that Ebay has regarded them as one order...

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply