Buyer to watch out for

Hi

They have left a neutral feedback for the item I sold them,  with the comment, "ok"

After checking the feedback they have left for other sellers I noticed that most of the feedback they have left has the same comment.

Most are neutral "ok"  with the odd positive "ok"

They are obviously a pompous *removed* that doesn't care about what effect their actions have on other people.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Buyer to watch out for

imastawka
Honored Contributor

We can't see who the buyer is.

And a neutral doesn't affect your percentage

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

I just don't think he is the type of buyer you would want to be selling to in general. In his last 21 feedbacks he has left 11 neutrals and 1 neg... Are you allowed to list sellers ID's on here? If so I will put the ID up.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

I thought Neutral or neg feedback was auto defect? well until next month anyway

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

The Neutral will only be a defect until next month, after that no worries.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

They may not know any better.  Some people just don't do what you expect someone to understand and do sometimes.  I had someome open an item not received case before making any attempys to contact me, so I contacted them and they turned out to be the nicest person and were very easy to deal with.  They just didn't know any better as the option was there and they thought they should take it.

Now they know what to do (or what we sellers hope they should do), because I explained what to do in future.

Maybe send them a message and explain?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

As a matter of fact in reality they have done the correct thing and the rest of ebayers are wrong 😉 A neutral and 3 stars DSR would/should be an average service anything above should be for sellers who go above average. Ebay has made it that positive feedback and 5 stars means an average ot above service/item and yes most of us know that but to a new buyer, or a person who uses a logical way of rating, giving 5 stars and positive feedback would mean the seller had gone over and above what was expected.

I have always had a problem with how the rating system is here and even though getting a neutral is not to bad I am sure some buyers put 3 stars for an average service/item which could hurt

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Absolutely agree and with the dwindling number of buyers of second hand items I would have no problems with getting a neut if it meant I made some money, I certainly wouldn't block them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand how!!!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I would guess that for some buyers, the rating system is not about the service at all, it is purely about the product.

So if they are extremely happy with something, just love it, you might get a positive, if it is middling-okay-you get in the middle (neutral) and if they think the article is a bit cheap or flimsy for what it is, then it will get a neg. And it won't matter if they only paid a dollar or two for it either.

I agree with others here, when it comes to star ratings, 3 should never have been a defect. It means okay. Most people by nature do not mark the extremes of any survey & I am not sure why the ebay gurus in their wisdom decided only a 4 or 5 was good enough.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply