Buyers Paying seperately rather than combining???

Hi, Is it just me or has anybody else noticed that a lot of people lately are paying for each item seperately rather than waiting for a combined invoice??

I even had an instance where I have sent a combined invoice and they have somehow still paid for each item individualy.

This bugs me in a so many ways;-

I cannot discount postage when people make multiple purchases.

I often find that I post an order and the same afternoon or evening they buy something else.

Paypal charges 30 cents for each seperate transaction.

I have to print out a seperate picking slip/invoice for each item.

I even have a request under the Postage costs asking;-

"If you are buying more than one item please wait for me to send a combined invoice before paying"

Is this a problem caused by the EBAY "APPS" for phones etc.??

Any suggestions or do I just need a stiff drink of Gin and Cement and harden up.

:_|

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Buyers Paying seperately rather than combining???

Anybody using the Android (and presumably iPhone) app would soon realise it's useless. If I want to do something on my phone, I get the mobile eBay up, then go to 'Classic' from there. Unfortunately you can't get the website directly from the app.

I only keep mine because it makes a great sound when I sell something.

Yes, I love that sound too and try to have a listing finish at the same time as I am out for lunch with friends. Nothing like big noting oneself in front of company.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I do this often when I buy. I usually buy something and pay then I think, Hmmm maybe they have other things that I might like so I look and often find something else I want to buy.

When this happens I don't expect combined postage as I was happy with the price (with postage) anyway.

As for the extra cost of printing a label, I don't think it matters if one person bought two things or two people bought one thing each.

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

It is still happening...I tried to pay an invoice about an hour ago & was unable to as it was a combined invoice. Luckily I knew I was going to be home soon so I just waited & paid on my PC but if people are only accessing on smart phone then yes, this issue will continue until the app is updated to allow for combined invoices!

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

I fell for it a while ago on my PC. When I hit the "buy it now " button, it said the seller wanted immediate payment. There were no other options there. Later I emailed the the seller, and asked how to purchase multiple items & get combined postage. He was a great seller, and changed his preferences so I could  get all I wanted. He wasn't aware that it asked for immediate payment... and checked. & then changed it.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply