Buyers not responding. at least 40% of buyers DONT TURN UP.

I believe it has got too easy for people who have no intensionof buying. to bid on a item,  then fail topay/pick up after winning. in the last month I have  opened many cases against none payment. there should be a easier way to relist instead of waiting for 4 days/ plus 4 daysafter case opened, a lot of time is wasted, anyone else have this problem,

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It is stressful and a waste of time & effort. Do what you need to do ie / open a case against them , wait & see and whack em on your "Special List" They will recieve a Strike agianst them and hopefully that may shake em out.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thats exactly the reason why I rarely offer local pick-up. Too many buyers think you have nothing better to do than sit around waiting for them to show.

One thing which may be a little bit of help is to set your preferences to block buyers with two or more unpaid strikes from bidding on your items. It may mean you get slightly less competition, but it is the relatively small number of repeat offenders who cause most of the problems on ebay. Personally I would like to see buyers with say 5 strikes in 12 months banned from buying. Sure they could set up another account, but it would make them think a bit before bidding without any intention of paying.

Hang on, - thats something that might actually help the seller. NO CHANCE !!!!      Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'd like to think that being 'awarded' an unpaid Item strike, would make buyers think again about their selfish and irresponsible trading conduct.

Unfortunately (and I think ebay is quietly aware of this too) I think strikes for unpaid items is a really 'blunt instrument' that doesn't faze buyers much at all.

Maybe if we as sellers could block them in our buyer requirements with only 1 strike in 6 months, instead 2, that might make a bit of a difference, but I doubt it.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Yes, me, and the lady outbid someone else who is now lost as a buyer.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Bring back negative feedback left for non paying bidders.

Spoiler

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@fitnessaustralia2015 wrote:

Bring back negative feedback left for non paying bidders.

Spoiler

Hmmm, and then get a retaliatory neg in return which will only damage your selling account ?????????

I think not...............................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply