Buyers that do not pay

inline2
Community Member

Buyers that buy and you never hear from them again and have done it on more than one occasion

what happens to them, are they suspended or are they left to do it again and again

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Buyers that do not pay

Have you lodged unpaid item disputes against them?  If not you should do so immediately, not only will you get your fees back and be able to relist the items, but you help other sellers by giving the buyer a strilke.  If all sellers did this, these buyers would not be able to repeatedly do this. Once they receive 2 strikes against them they will find the number of sellers with whom they can deal is severely reduced.  Follow the UID procedure, and make sure your blocks are set to restrict buyers with strikes.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

you open non payer disputes and close them 4 days later

you add blocks to your site preferences to block all ''buyers'' with more than 1 strike

it is all you can do to protect yourself as a Seller

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

We get lots of them.

Just this past week we have had a doozie.

She bid and won a bunch of auctions (10 in fact) total value about $100.

She asked us to wait until all the auctions she had bid on were finished so we could send her a combined postage discount invoice, which we did. She had also outbid a few other bidders on some of the auctions. We sent out 2nd chance offers for those but none of them took up the offers, so we have lost potential sales there to this pest as well.

Anyway, a few days later we had heard nothing so I sent a gentle reminder message.

We got a reply back to that saying she was a struggling single mum and not sure when she would be able to pay up.

That prompted me to take a look at her feedback.

She had a score of over 250 with a long string of false POS FB over the past 12-months left by lots of sellers for non-payment and sounds like similar stories to what we got. How she got past our auto-blocks we don't know. Either she has had ebay remove the non-payment strikes or the other sellers don't know how to open/close a UPI dispute case.

We never heard any more after the one message we got from her so we have closed our 10-cases. But not sure if/not she gets 10x strikes or just the one as it was a combined transaction.

She also had one NEG FB with a comment suggesting she never communicated and failed to resolve a probelm. So she must have been a seller at some point.

Anyway she has gone onto our BBL's now so she can't do this to us again.

But ebay will do nothing about pest buyers like this. For all those sellers who have not opened/closed cases they have lost their FVF's so why would ebay want to do anything about them. It's more profit for them isn't it. If all sellers were educated and knew about the UPI cases available to them it may be a different story.

Normally we just send an invoice on day#2, a gentle reminder on day#3 then on day #4 open a case, then on day #8 close it. Then move on. We have lots of stock so we don't need to worry about the delayed relist problems this can cause for some sellers. If they happen to pay in the meantime then fine we send out their item. But they rarely do.

But across our 5 selling IDs we would normally have at least 2 cases open and running at any given time.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

Yes, you have answered your own question, they are allowed to do it again and again.  eBay don't seem to have the will or the want to restrict non payers as effectively they are buyers and buyers mean money for eBay at any cost.  

Open an Unpaid Item Dispute after four days if payment is not received, the buyer then has another four days to pay for their purchase.  If that doesn't happen then close your Unpaid Dispute (it has to be four days to the second before you can do that) and then you get your fees back.

Make sure you put that buyer on you Blocked Bidder List  and they shouldn't be able to buy from you again.  Also make sure you set your Seller Preferences to exclude buyers who have received two strikes in the past twelve months and this will weed out some more of those non payers from buying from you.  Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

Thanks

There Seems to be a lot of them out there

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

@inline2 wrote:

Buyers that buy and you never hear from them again and have done it on more than one occasion

what happens to them, are they suspended or are they left to do it again and again

The second option I'm afraid - over and over and over again.

I had one last year that was a doozy.

She kept coming back with a new ID and even different names and addresses all in the same small Tassie village.

When I had a chat with ebay about it (malicious buying activity) they actually put a whole heap more ID's in my blocked buyers list.

It was obviously her as the ID's all related to cats in some way or another.

I think I counted over 10 different ID's for the one buyer.

ebay could find her ID's via her IP address but had absolutely no intention of permanently blocking her.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

Ebay should bring back sellers ability to leave negative feedback for non paying buyers!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

thats why there should be only 1 id  for everyone.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Buyers that do not pay

Joe, you really need to give your unsolicited comments a lot of thought before making such ridiculous suggestions. If everybody was restricted to just the one ID, eBay would become completely unworkable.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply