CAN someone explain why you would need more than 1 log in ebay name

what is the reason for more than 1 log in name [i thought you can only have 1 name  well i must be wrong]

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

If you want to have a store, but also want to sell some items outside the store, you need two IDs, one for each. Same if you want to have more than one store, which some people do.

Also, if you want to keep your buying separate from your selling, or if you want to post in the forums without allowing others to see your selling and buying activity.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

I wouldnt say what is the reason, there are heaps, like if i wanted to sell more stuff without opening a store, or posting on the boards in another id, the list goes on and on, myself i dont care about using my id for when i sold and now buying only.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

@joethenuts wrote:

what is the reason for more than 1 log in name [i thought you can only have 1 name  well i must be wrong]

I wondered when we would see you asking this question.  Yes you are wrong!

If a seller also buys their stock on ebay then it is far better to have separate IDs or the buyers can see what you have paid for the items.

If a seller also posts on the boards with their selling ID and someone does not like what they say there is the potential for auction interference or a member buying just to trash the seller's feedback.

There is one prolific poster on these boards who has many times said that she has blocked every member who posts regularly on the boards.   I know I am blocked by a few sellers and it can only be because they do not like what I say on the boards as there are no seller blocks that could stop me from bidding and I have never bought from them before.

Most of the regular posters who have very low feedback scores are using posting IDs.   There was a time when an ID needed 10 feedback to be able to post on the boards with no restriction.  Many IDs have their 10 feedback and then never trade with that ID again...they only use it on the boards.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

There have been many malicious posters here, Joe, who will use your ID to sabotage your listings - hence the nom de plumes.

They'll buy with no intention of completing the purchase, just tie up your stock in disputes, with their newly-created, one-off ebay ID.

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

I have 6 ids that are used a lot plus a couple that are used rarely. There are a few that I can't remember the log in details for and it is much easier to open another account than try and find out what the email address was for the forgotten ones.

Reasons? I would never buy and sell using the same account so Australian registered accounts are one for buying for me, one for buying for other people who don't 'do' ebay, one for selling in shop format, one for selling with auction format and one listing as BIN with best offer. I also have UK registered accounts for buying and selling (although I rarely sell there now as it costs a lot more than it does here) and then of course there is this posting id.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

do some ebayers have more than 1 account to cheat the system, for instance if you have lots of bad feedback  do they just simply get a new id..   can a seller who has more than 1   id  push up there price on there auctions  or not.

i mean what is the use of blocking a buyer when they can then use another id. mmmmmmmmm

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

and to lyndal  i dont have to agree with some posters  ala mr beard 1 [remember there are 2 sides to a lot of stories and law thats why we have barristers on opposide sides of the room  . have a nice day

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

No, you do not have to agree with other posters but you also do not have to accuse them of doing something underhand because they are using a posting ID with very little feedback.  Their experience on the boards or in real life for that matter has nothing to do with the amount of feedback on their ebay posting ID.

You have no way of knowing who you are talking to on the ebay boards....there are doctors, nurses, engineers, stay at home mums, pensioners....people from all walks of life.  You would be making a bad mistake by judging the veracity or otherwise of the information they post on the boards based on the number of feedback attached to their ID.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

fair enough   have a nice day

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply