CC Charge surprised to get sellers protection

On the 19th August, I got my first chargeback, I thought, there is $100 I have lost, but today I got the money returned. Seems there is some sellers protection after all shocked me I must admit, it did say I will be charged a 'Chargeback Settlement Fee' have not ben charged that yet maybe wake up tomorrow with a $150 fee for that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: CC Charge surprised to get sellers protection

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The fee is $15 but it is not charged if you win the dispute....it would be paid by the buyer who initiated the chargeback.

If you had seller protection for the transaction then paypal would have paid the fee as well as the contested amount.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Well done...

If you have tracking that links to the buyer's PayPal shipping address and the tracking shows as delivered then you should not lose a chargeback thru PayPal. This is how seller protection is supposed to work.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I am surprised that you thought Paypal seller protection woulldn't work. Most times when folk come to the boards because they have not received seller protection for a chargeback it is because they did something to invalidate it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply