Listing ignoring location and delivery information entered during listing creation!

I've made a listing earlier today, and entered the item location and collection details (it's a car). However, in the actual listing it has an incorrect location and the delivery has postage etc... However, when I go to revise the item - I can't edit those details now anyway - it shows the correct location and delivery (collection in person). What the hell is going on, as obviously this is crucial information for selling a car!

I'm aware that ebay sometimes has a thing for using completely out-of-date info by default regardless of whether you've changed it or not, however, this is quite a serious error on their part.

Any fix, or do I need to remove the listing?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Listing ignoring location and delivery information entered during listing creation!

Sometimes when you make a change to a template or sell similar item listing, it will jump back to the original info before your eyes but can go unnoticed.

You need to make the change and just see that it does change. If it reverts back, change it again. It can take 3 goes.

Item location can be changed in the postage section and No postage, local pick up only can be selected.

If a listing has bids, revisions can't be made. Only thing I can think of.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Sometimes when you make a change to a template or sell similar item listing, it will jump back to the original info before your eyes but can go unnoticed.

You need to make the change and just see that it does change. If it reverts back, change it again. It can take 3 goes.

Item location can be changed in the postage section and No postage, local pick up only can be selected.

If a listing has bids, revisions can't be made. Only thing I can think of.

This is a very frustrating glitch in the ebay listing system which can waste a lot of time and cause errors in the completed listing if the seller is not careful. I have found that if I scroll down the page slightly while the postage cost is still uploading it stops the price jumping back to the original. Seems to work most times, and saves the frustration of entering the price 3 or 4 times before it sticks.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have the issue if I'm changing the listing duration. Sometimes when I have access to a free listing promotion I'll run some 1 day auctions. Changing them from 7 or 10 day auction to 1 will see it revert back several times before it sticks. It can get very annoying. Sometimes it will revert back during an autorelist. I'll set it for one day, it will relist the next day for 1 day, then the next day when it relists it reverts to 7 or 10 days.

I need to go and check, but if the OP is using the quick lister, the option for local pick up may not be there. I think that's why we sometimes see COD listed instead of pick up. I really should go and check the quick lister because it may have changed. I haven't use it for ages.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I often get that problem with duration too Tippy. I have found that instead of keeping on trying multiple times until it clicks I move on and change something else then when I go back to the duration it works.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply