CLICK AND SEND. Should I use it

Hi Everyone

Been thinking about Click and Send for a while now, but haven`t delved in to it as yet. Read some love it, some hate it. I`m starting to send more parcels (rather than just envelopes) and think it might be cheaper for me, and save me some time, but not if its hard to use, a hassle, and going to be time consuming

Whats people thoughts, pro`s and con`s ?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: CLICK AND SEND. Should I use it

We have just started using it this past week. So far so good.

Only thing I've found is that the web site seems to be a bit unstable. ie freezes sometimes. Or crashes.

Other than that, definitely cheaper. And convenient. We can mail our satchels into the local red box now instead of going to the PO.

Like you, the majority of our stuff goes out by large letter. Just the occasional larger order needs a 500gm satchel.

So gets a thumbs up from us.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks clarry, thinking I might give it a shot

Just not very technologically advanced, some will probably call me "computer stupid", so anything to do with computers/internet outside my comfort zone, I struggle with ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

It is mostly great. I've been using it for more than a year and had very little trouble. And when there is trouble there is an Australian on the other end of the phone to help you get through - like when labels won't print.

I always lodge over the counter and get a receipt for that lodgement thus getting my paypal protection for proof of lodgement. I would advise that you do the same.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I would have thought that the fact it has a tracking number and will get scanned as it travels thru the AP system is sufficient proof that it has been sent.

Correct me if I am wrong here pls?

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

... and because our stuff is such low value (cost to us) we simply never argue about an INR. We just confirm the address with the buyer and then mail out a replacement item straight away.
As often as one gets lost (perhaps 1 in 500 or so) it's the best/easiest way for us to deal with it.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

It doesn't get scanned if you put your parcel in the red box. I was putting my parcels in the red box at the business centre, so I didn't have to queue for ages, and they weren't scanning them. I found that trackiing only showed up the day they delivered. They informed me I had to come into the business centre and lodge them with staff to get tracking. I thought if we had to pay for tracking they would provide the service if we put parcels in the red boxes, but Nooooo!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It's terrible, total waste of time. There are always people complining about it being unstable crashing, wrong prices etc. not to mention the extra ink, paper etc you will use.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

The extra paper/ink etc would be offset by the lower postage prices though wouldn`t it ?

I try to charge the correct postage, and not make money on it, but this morning I got caught with something I thought was going to be $8.95 postage ending up being $14.95 postage. Item only sold for $8.95, so lost money on that. C & S Flat Rate postage wouldn`t have saved me that extra postage cost cause it was interstate

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

For me all the messing around soon outweighs the small cost saving. I guess it depends on what you are sending. Most of my parcels go for 6.95 already so not much of a saving for me. I guess you need to weigh up whether the savings outweigh the extra cost involved. I bought myself a brother thermal label printer it's quick and easy to use cheap label refills.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply