Calculating promoted fees not happy

Just received notice of calculating fees for promoted listings as including taxes postage the whole lot.  Im sorry but your losing the plot ebay.  The costs are getting prohibitive to do business.  This is a very bad move.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Calculating promoted fees not happy

Because the are applying a fee to a tax namely gst.  Its about being real with sellers.  Nobodys arguing with a fee on the actual item its keep adding fees to postage and other fees i see as an issue.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@gail.dew wrote:

Because the are applying a fee to a tax namely gst.  Its about being real with sellers.  Nobodys arguing with a fee on the actual item its keep adding fees to postage and other fees i see as an issue.

GST = goods and services tax.     Get it ?   Postage and other fees count as a service.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Hi Padi,  I just dont think they get it,  The fees for promoted items is totally separate to the Standard sale FVF

It is simply that now both fees are to be calculated in the same manner, IE on the total invoice.

So for the OP,   if you dont want to pay the promotion fee based on the total invoice, simply dont promote your listings, it is quite simply your choice and has nothing at all to do with GST

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

I am taking my listings 150 of them off Promoted listings. Cost too much on top of their other fees and now on every listing when people click on your listing to see more information or description they have to scroll past other peoples listings in the middle if your listing which distracts them and before they get to the description they can click on someone else’s listing. These used to be at the bottom now in the middle of the listing which is silly. And yet am paying for Promoted Listing just for people to be distracted when they get to mine by other people’s listings.  Am not a business just downsized house so selling off bits and bobs.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Then why pay for promoted listings?

Why tell us, over a year later than when this thread was relevant?

Why do you think anybody cares how you run your quasi-business?

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply