Can I hide the 'quantity sold' feature on my listings ? This is not info I want everyone to see..

Can I hide this quantity sold figure on my listings ?? I don't really want this info available.

Thanks

Mike

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Can I hide the 'quantity sold' feature on my listings ? This is not info I want everyone to see..

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Hi Mike,

Don't see why not.   It establishes that this item is popular. 

If you've sold, say, 20 pairs of something and your fb is 100%

then that's a good thing,  yeah?

I have known sellers to list one at a time to get over that # sold bit.

But you have to be on top of your listings all the time.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

No you can not hide it.

You would have to end the listing then relist so it is back to 0 after each sale.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

No - the only thing you can really do is reset it, and that has to be done by ending the listing and then relisting, which would also affect the ranking in Best Match etc. 

Sales history on an item is usally an encouraging marketing tactic, though (unless it's 0, I guess o_O), but when an item sells a decent amount, eBay even add a little "hot seller" flame icon in search results with the number showing there. 

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks that is what I thought !

Seems like some others sellers are looking to see which are my best sellers and listing the same products and undercutting me. As well as stealing my pics...Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

It won't solve the problem completely but if you put everything on 30 days instead of GTC the history will disappear at the end of every listing cycle.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

They can still go through your Sold listings (on the menu down the left side of the page) and check your sold items that way, if they really want to.
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Report the listings that have your pics without your permission. That's against eBay policy. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

@starwood2111 wrote:

Thanks that is what I thought !

Seems like some others sellers are looking to see which are my best sellers and listing the same products and undercutting me. As well as stealing my pics...Smiley Frustrated

I didn't even think about it being used that way ๐Ÿ˜ฎ - sometimes I'll conduct a general keyword search for items and just see what the best match results are, but I'm more looking for popular themes and/or average prices rather than specific items to nick / undercut. 

As amber said, stealing photos is definitely not ok, though, so you can report any seller / listing where that has happened. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You can report the pic theft to Ebay.

As for the checking your items, selling same and undercutting - welcome to retail ๐Ÿ™‚ any business worth their salt knows exactly what their competitors have, what their best sellers are, and tries to do it better. Its how business works, and it works both ways. Also, being the cheapest doesnt mean theyll will do better than you - you have more control over that than you probably realise ๐Ÿ™‚

So obviously it needs to be monitored continuously, but if you build a solid business plan you shouldnt have to worry about it too much.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply