Can I open an unpaid item case now or do I have to wait for the assistant?

I have the unpaid item assistant turned on, to automatically start cases after 7 days.

But I have an unpaid item which is a time sensitive Easter item. The buyer bought it from an offer and hasn't paid or responded for 4 days.and it looks like I have to wait another 4 days before ebay will open a case for me.

I've already waited 4 days with no response from the buyer and I would like to re-list the time sensitive item soon. Is there any way I can get the case started sooner?

When I try and open a case myself, I get the message that I can turn off the assistant after it automatically opens a case on the 24th.

I could cancel the transaction, but I would like to get my FVF back, and I doubt this buyer is going to cooperate as they have so far ignored all my communication.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I open an unpaid item case now or do I have to wait for the assistant?

@wears4bears wrote:

I have the unpaid item assistant turned on, to automatically start cases after 7 days.

But I have an unpaid item which is a time sensitive Easter item. The buyer bought it from an offer and hasn't paid or responded for 4 days.and it looks like I have to wait another 4 days before ebay will open a case for me.

I've already waited 4 days with no response from the buyer and I would like to re-list the time sensitive item soon. Is there any way I can get the case started sooner?

When I try and open a case myself, I get the message that I can turn off the assistant after it automatically opens a case on the 24th.

I could cancel the transaction, but I would like to get my FVF back, and I doubt this buyer is going to cooperate as they have so far ignored all my communication.

If you cancel the transaction, you might be able to relist straightaway. Or you could have to wait 10 days for the buyer to confirm.

I would wait out the 3 days. Easter is still 3 weeks away.

I would definitely turn off the assistant unless you get a lot of NPBs. Or reset it to a shorter duration.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I open an unpaid item case now or do I have to wait for the assistant?

@wears4bears wrote:

If you cancel the transaction, you might be able to relist straightaway. Or you could have to wait 10 days for the buyer to confirm.

I would wait out the 3 days. Easter is still 3 weeks away.

I would definitely turn off the assistant unless you get a lot of NPBs. Or reset it to a shorter duration.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply