Can I send an invoice if the buyer hasn't committed to buy? They want invoice first.

Buyer wants an invoice before committing to buy.  Can this be done?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I send an invoice if the buyer hasn't committed to buy? They want invoice first.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Short answer.....no!!

You cannot send an invoice till the buyer has committed to the purchase.  Why can't they work it out for themselves or ask you for a postage quote if it involves combining postage.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can I send an invoice if the buyer hasn't committed to buy? They want invoice first.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Short answer.....no!!

You cannot send an invoice till the buyer has committed to the purchase.  Why can't they work it out for themselves or ask you for a postage quote if it involves combining postage.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I have agreed to one postage as the main item is very heavy and the other can go in with it. They still wish for an invoice and I did advise they needed to commit to buy.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Some people don't understand that sellers don't actually have their own store website independent of ebay and they can't understand that the invoices have to go through ebay. I'd put the two items in one listing with the correct postage and then tell them the correct charges will be applied when they buy it.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

there is also a chance you are being targeted by a scammer.

The way it would work is that you will be asked to send a payment request through PayPal and shortly afterwards you will receive a very authentic looking email from PayPal confirming payment from the other member. The email will go on to say that the funds are being withheld until you upload a tracking number for shipping the item or until the buyer confirms they have received the item.

Needless to say, no payment will have been made and no funds will be cleared to your account.  You are then out of pocket for the shipping and you no longer have the item.

Spoiler
Of course, I could be wrong . . . . . it might be that your 'buyer' is just somebody who hates eBay/PayPal 21 day hold on funds and they want the funds to clear to you before you post because they are paranoid that, like them, you will wait 21 days before you post.
Spoiler
I wonder who would ever do that?
Spoiler
**fake Jackson guitars play soft 'thinking' music in the background**
Spoiler
Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Could also be an employee of a company who wants to purchase an item, but needs approval first. It has happened to me a couple of times before, when I had an ebay account that sold office supplies.

Buyer wanted an invoice to get approval from her manager before purchase, so she knew she would get reimbursed, as she was using her personal ebay account to buy the items.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

OP is selling household knicknacks

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply