Can I send an item thinner than 20mm with the Registered Post Letter or does it have to be docs?

I want to sell this flat peice of item below 20mm.

I don't want to send it with a normal Large letter because no tracking is included, but with the Registered Post Letter there is tracking.

I was wondering if I can put a flat item inside the registered post letter anhd send it or does it have to be documents inside only?

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Can I send an item thinner than 20mm with the Registered Post Letter or does it have to be docs?

https://shop.auspost.com.au/product/registered-post-prepaid-labels-box-of-50-0590637

Is that you stick your talking about ? It cost $3.10 each for a bulk of 50... Did the price go up or is it cheap to buy it as singles at the Post office/?

Message 21 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Can I send an item thinner than 20mm with the Registered Post Letter or does it have to be docs?

@salesblock wrote:

So instead of me paying $4.50 for a registered envalope, I can just use this small letter for 70c then ask for a registered stick and it'll add up to $3.50 ?

Do I need any other sticker along with the registered sticker ? This is my first time posting with an envalope.

This is the small letter im talking about.

http://auspost.com.au/apps/postage-calculator.html#fast

Small letters have more restrictions than large letters - a small letter (for 70c) can't be any more than 5mm thick, or any bigger than 13cm x 24cm (which is around about the size of a standard business envelope), maximum weight is 250g and can only contain flexible items. 

A single registered label currently costs $3.70 to purchase, so if sending a small registered letter, the stamp plus registration would total $4.30. 

The price of the pre-paid DL registered envelope is for a small letter.

If your item is more than 5mm thick, and/or weighs more than 250g when packed, and/or is not flexible, you need to use a large letter instead, which will require 2, 3 or 5 x 70c stamps, depending on total weight, plus the cost of registration. 

There are some large letter pre-paid registered envelopes if you need those - look for the ones with a max weight of 500g.

Message 22 of 22
Latest reply