Can I vent a minute??

Just got two return requests for tops (same buyer). They were a size 14 and a size L from two different brands. Apparently both are much too small 'even though she's a size 12', and obviously they are not the sizes I said, even though their brand labels and manufacturer size labels are STILL ATTACHED (these aren't random chinese brands, they're jay jays and barkins)

Not only does she look for a refund, which, fine, whatever, but she demands that I repay the postage because I advertised them wrong (and makes no mention at all of returning them of course) What, because she knows what a size 14 is better than jay jays and barkins?

The issue is that they were semi-fitted tops. I'm sure she is a 12 in a target shirred maxi dress, not so much in workwear lady. 

The thing is, I've just realized, this is the person who asked for a steep discount on these items two weeks ago. I never do discounts or 'best offers' or anything except my advertised one, because in my experience, the people who ask for discounts and deals are FAR more likely to complain or just generallky be idiots who don't know what size they are (there's a difference between the 14 being a bit tighter than expected, and claiming the 14 is actually a 10, mislabelled by the brand, because you're a 12 and it wont fit)

But, this one time I agreed to give her a deal because I am recovering from a medical situation and trying to get my sales moving again after months of no new stock. 

So, thank you customer, for reminding me why I never, ever, ever give discounts or accept offers on anything, ever. 

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Can I vent a minute??

van_werkhoven,

just had a quick look at the suff you sell

Didn't like any of it, all very cheap and common brands,  and I suppose that could be the reason for your laziness -  not investing a lot of time to list them.

Like, not enough photos, no measurements.

When I buy stuff online, if it's clothing or shoes, I have a measuring tape always by the computer and instantly can compare the measurements in the listing to my own - I mean, there is no fitting room, is there?

But, as they say, you get what you pay for, and the amount of service is also usually directly related to how much one spends (in my experience).

Walk into some of those ghastly large mass produced shopping centre stores and there is no one in sight to ask anything, then go to an LV store (only an example), and you'll be seated and offered a drink and a detailed conversation about the item you are interested in!

But, even if I was in the market for stuff like yours, I would still HATE very much having to go to some other sites and look up the measurements for the appropriate brands - as sizes alone don't mean much anyway, even within the same brand!

In the absence of any other proof, ie, label pics and measurements, you may very well have to refund the customer weather you like it or not - but it is just so easy to protect yourself agains those sort of claims in the future.

Maybe you could ask her to send you the pics of the labels & size (in support of her claim), and that way you will have the proof in Ebay's eyes that the sizing was correct.

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

You can say no particularly if your listing said you don't take returns.  You know you didn't list them wrongly or falsify what you sold so technically you can refuse.  I'm with you.  The pushy buyers are the most likely to be complainers. 

Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

I would never buy a clothing item that does not have measurements. Not all sizes are created equal and can be very different depending on the cut, the fabric and the manufacturer.

I'm surprised you haven't had more issues, but I suppose you've just been lucky.

Just think, if you had measurements on everything, you'd probably double your sales, easily.

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

Yes I do include Measurments on most on my items... and also the size chart for the brand which I look up.

However when I haven;t added measurements (Forgot to !!), I have never had a problem.

However I have had measurment and Brand Label Size Charts and still been asked for return as it "did not fit"

don;t think you can win either way!!!

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

Agree Helen, clothing is one of those categories which will always have difficulties over the internet.

That's why clothing stores have try-on rooms. Smiley Wink

BTW you have some great dresses for sale, pity I'm a boy. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

??? Dunno what store you're looking at Kopes.   Dresses?

Found 'em

Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

Helen's gots more than 1300 listings.

And love some of the designs.

Or have I opened the wrong tab. Smiley LOL

Oh cool, thought it was me. 

image host
Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

Found 'em Kopes.

Not my cuppa though, sorry

Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

KOPES !!!!

Boy Muskies are forbidden to look at dresses unless they are being worn by a lady at the time.................................

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>to the Norti Room with ya.

Yay Dad, you tell him.                  Batgirl the Awesome One...............original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

Can I vent a minute??

There's gifts, Padi, gifts...;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 20 of 46
Latest reply