Can List an item because of Payment Details Error

Hi,

I'm trying to list something, but I keep getting this error:

"We've updated how you get paid on eBay, so before your listing goes live, take a second to review your details and let us know where to send your money."

If I click the Link, I get redirected to an error page saying it can't find the page it linked me to.

I have a credit card listed on my account in the "Payments" 

It doesn't give me the option to list a bank account, just a credit card.

I tried a help chat, but I assume I was chatting to a bot as it just kept tying gibberish saying it would help me.

Any ideas?

Is there any way to get help as I really can't find any way at all to get help.

No emails etc are listed.

I buy stuff all the time, but haven't sold something in awhile.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You should not list anything for sale until you’ve thoroughly acquainted yourself with the ins and outs of Managed Payments.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/closing-payment-and-ebay-account/m-p/2487697#M128876 - read my post in which I cover MP, what you need to do, etc.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You need to sign up properly for Managed Payments.

There is no more Paypal for sellers and everyone has to be ID and bank account verified.

You'll need a passport or drivers licence.

Follow @countesses information.

As a side note, it's good that Ebay is stopping you from listing now, rather than having to go through the whole verification process AFTER you've sold it. Many complaints on the forums from sellers where this has happened, especially since many don't have the required ID.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Hi  MM,   To sell on ebay, you need to be signed up  and verified with managed payments, and have a verified bank account registered to receive funds.

Note:  As a new seller your sales funds will be on hold for a minimum 14 days.

Note:  Apparently a new funds reserve program has also commenced for new sellers, not 100% sure but believe  10%  of funds will be held for 60 days.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you for the advice.

I understand about the process, however my account has nowhere to upload any of the required information.
In the payments section, I can only add a credit card. nothing else.

As a total guess, I'm thinking that I have to delete my account and open a new account from scratch?

Maybe because my account t is too old and E-Bay hasn't bothered to migrate any of their systems or processes??

If I delete my account, can I use the same email account to start a new account?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Also If I delete my account, there is no way of buying something on E-Bay with Pay Pal right?

Paypal is no longer supported on E-Bay at all for new accounts, even for buying?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply