Can anyone please tell me how to post a small box 150gr for less than $7.20 that charges the AusPos

I am trying to understand how can you post an item only weighting 150gr but with a width more than 2cm for less than $7.20 which is what the Australia Post charges.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can anyone please tell me how to post a small box 150gr for less than $7.20 that charges the Aus

That ($7.20) is the lowest rate for a parcel weighing under 500gms. If you buy ebay postage labels online for a 500gms assessed parcel, you will get a rebate of 10% (.72c) credited to your ebay a/c.. for a limited time till end of Dec 2014.

A magazine, weighing up to 500gms can be sent as a large letter ($3.50 stamp) those that  are less than 2cm high.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Re: Can anyone please tell me how to post a small box 150gr for less than $7.20 that charges the Aus

ANY THING THICKER THAN 2CM IS PARCEL POST, NO WAY AROUND IT UNLESS YOU RACE CARRIER PIGEON'S, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE TRACKING.  ONLY OTHER OPTION IS TO SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER UNTIL IT FITS IN AN ENVELOPE

GOOD LUCK

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That ($7.20) is the lowest rate for a parcel weighing under 500gms. If you buy ebay postage labels online for a 500gms assessed parcel, you will get a rebate of 10% (.72c) credited to your ebay a/c.. for a limited time till end of Dec 2014.

A magazine, weighing up to 500gms can be sent as a large letter ($3.50 stamp) those that  are less than 2cm high.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

ANY THING THICKER THAN 2CM IS PARCEL POST, NO WAY AROUND IT UNLESS YOU RACE CARRIER PIGEON'S, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE TRACKING.  ONLY OTHER OPTION IS TO SMASH IT WITH A HAMMER UNTIL IT FITS IN AN ENVELOPE

GOOD LUCK

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for your response.
Much appreciated!!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I'm hearing you! I've posted items that weighed under 50g, including packaging and it still cost $7.20. It would be nice if they had a lower weight category, like under 100g.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Australia post did have an under 250g category but abolished it because so many parcels were being sent via it that they could see that removal would increase their profits without putting up any if their prices at the time. It actually wasn't much after the Royal Mail and USPS did it too
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply