Can anyone tell me Is It Normal for CSS & HTML info to be hosted outside of eBay?

I've been asked for this information by the designer of our store's new look and template etc.

They want to know "I need hosting details for web so i can host the CSS and HTML for ebay store there" but I'm paranoid about giving out info/passwords etc.

Is this a normal, acceptable request?
Thanks!

Lindy
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can anyone tell me Is It Normal for CSS & HTML info to be hosted outside of eBay?

A seller I know recently had to do that.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Re: Can anyone tell me Is It Normal for CSS & HTML info to be hosted outside of eBay?

Oh really? Ok, so maybe it is normal ... I'm just paranoid of giving that info out. Thank you.

Lindy
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If you have your own domain name and/or web space then the template designer needs to know if you want to link that web space to your ebay store. I have a basic web hosting service, I have a whole host of keywords linked to it so anyone doing a web search which brings up any of my items they will be sent directly to my ebay store.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply