Can someone please help.. Someone bought an Item and it says 'Paid Send now"/

I checked my paypal and I do not see the amount they purchased there.

Did they pay by bank deposit? how do I know what is happening?

THanks

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Do not send until you can see the money either in your paypal account or your bank account.

If they use paypal you should get a notification.  If they have used bank deposit it will take a few days to appear.

It does sound as if bank deposit was used and they have just marked it as paid....just wait for it to appear in your account.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

If you hover your cursor over the blue dollar sign it will say Paid with Paypal on then the date.

If it says that but there is nothing showing in your Paypal account it almost certainly means you have made a typo in the paymenr email address. To check that use the drop down menu to click relist, go to the payment section and check the email address. Come out of the listing before you complete the process as you don't want to relist.

If it says paid by bank deposit then you will just have to check your bank account every day to see when it clears.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I've mistyped the PayPal email address for an item before and it caused a big mess.  The system didn't notice me with any problem and it wasn't until an unpaid case was opened and the buyer told me they already paid, that I knew something was wrong.

I had to contact eBay Customer Service and they told me they can't do anything.  They told me to contact the buyer and ask them to pay me the funds directly into PayPal using the proper address, and the buyer was good about it.  I had to use cryptic code to get the email address through the eBay messaging system as eBay can block it, so type it like this:

username =at= email =dot= com

Once they've paid it, you can mark it as paid and move on to posting it.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

The cryptic code doesn't always work.  Tried that and had it rejected on several occasions.  I think the bots have been re-programmed to pick up the code.

I find it easier to ask the buyer to text their email address to my mobile number.  Never been a problem that way.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

The other option is to write the email address in a document (in larger text) then take a screenshot and attach it as a photo for the buyer.

I have successfully sent my email several times recently by typing something like tippy ATtach ABCome DOTh COMe DOTh AUnty (not my real email address!).

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

You know, I think I'm the only person on this planet that can't work out how to do screen shots.  Sorry, I can take them, but that's the end of story.  No idea how to do anything further with them.  I'm not asking for instructions here - I will work it out when I've got time, which is scant.

But will agree, that's also a good way of getting around the 'noose' that eBay puts on contact with buyers.

*** Brain just kicked into gear (I know, slow!!)  The 'your item sold' email that would have been sent by eBay should also have the buyer's direct email address on it.  So OP can just click on it and get in direct contact to find out what the scenario is.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

You know, I think I'm the only person on this planet that can't work out how to do screen shots.  Sorry, I can take them, but that's the end of story.  No idea how to do anything further with them.  I'm not asking for instructions here - I will work it out when I've got time, which is scant.

But will agree, that's also a good way of getting around the 'noose' that eBay puts on contact with buyers.

*** Brain just kicked into gear (I know, slow!!)  The 'your item sold' email that would have been sent by eBay should also have the buyer's direct email address on it.  So OP can just click on it and get in direct contact to find out what the scenario is.

easiest way is to open paint (Windows accessories) and just right click you can then paste. this will give you a copy of the screen shot which you can save and use as you want

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I will practice!!
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Hey Kazam,

There is a little known utility that comes with Windows (at least Windows 7 anyway) called SnippingTool that allows you to take snapshots of a selected screen area.

Do a search for "SnippingTool.exe" on your local C: drive to locate it then put a shortcut to it on your desktop.

It's usually located n the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.

It's rather a simple but handy little tool for taking quick screen snapshots and saving them as a jpeg file.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply