Can you see my Store?

I've done this before without any trouble but it doesn't seem to be working now. I put my store on holiday about half an hour ago, i.e. holiday settings ON, hide & block purchases CHECKED, display return date, etc. However, I can view my store as usual and see the BUY IT NOW button on my listings even when I'm logged out.

Anyone else having this problem? Normally when I do this, the store appears empty to users.

Can you guys see my store items?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can you see my Store?

I can see your items - but when click on one - get this message - which means buyers can look but they can't buy

This seller is currently away until 04 Aug, 2014, and isn't processing orders at this time. You can add this item to your watch list to purchase later.

so maybe you clicked "keep my listings visible"?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I don't see any option for "keep my listings visible", only "hide and block". Actually I prefer that they are visible but didn't realize it was possible. Thanks for confirming it's working okay.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Your  listings and store are showing, however the listings are unable to be purchased.  There is some kind of glitch with Ebay that causes a delay to the listings being hidden, I have experienced this as well.  It seems a bit random and can sometimes take a day or two to "hide" the listings.  The bigger problem is when you take it off holiday mode when you get back again and the listings have another delay in going back into search, requiring a bulk edit to get them to show up in search results again.

It's annoying and you have to wonder that it might be equally annoying for customers who can look but not buy, the only consolation is that at least they can't complete purchases while you're away even though the listings are still there. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@charmony wrote:

I don't see any option for "keep my listings visible", only "hide and block". Actually I prefer that they are visible but didn't realize it was possible. Thanks for confirming it's working okay.

Unticking the hide and block option means the listings remain visible and can still be purchased; generally recommended if the store will be on holidays for only a few days as a lot of buyers don't see the announcement at the top of listings and it can result in negs and/or low DSRs. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply