Cancel sale button not working for 2 days now

I do not usually cancel an order but I accidently sold an item using sell similar without changing the picture.  Now the refund link does not work, or the cancel sale link. EBay chat said they had a problem but working on it. I feel bad for the buyer as I am unable to do anything, and it was an expensive item. Now 2 days later. I only get a message saying “ that did not go as planned” Surely ebays team can fix a major problem like this.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Cancel sale button not working for 2 days now

Ebay always make up an excuse that they're helping when in reality they're doing nothing - often because they cannot see what technical issue that you're experiencing. They will say anything to make you go away.

It is a bit weird that you cannot cancel - the issue may relate to your browser - try logging in on a different one.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks but I have used Google chrome and safari without any luck. Always comes up that it did not work snd try again later.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

It might be a technical glitch that is only affecting a small subset of sellers. 

Hopefully Ebay are genuinely aware that there is an issue and not just giving you word salad.

As long as you have communicated with the buyer, that is the main thing.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

I just completed one for a non payment and no issue. If you have the app on your phone try that or try resetting your modem as I sometimes find this can fix some issues with pages  not loading.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Another person has opened a topic that they are unable to refund.

Does seem like a genuine issue affecting some sellers.

Not sure how much technical work Ebay does over the weekend, but hopefully will be fixed soon.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I am also having trouble refunding/cancelling an order.

Same message: "Oops? We're having a problem.  Try again later."

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply