Cancelled transaction. What next?

My buyer's funds were marked "payment initiated " and he cancelled the transaction. EBay tells me that I don't have to do anything. Does the buyer automatically get a refund or do I have to apply through either ebay or PayPal? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A buyer cannot cancel a transaction so perhaps he cancelled his payment which means no refund necessary.

Go to your selling list and cancel the transaction in order to get your eBay fee credited back.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Looks like the buyer CAN cancel..... See part of eBay email to me below 

order was cancelled

This order was cancelled. You don't need to do anything else. See status of relisted item(s) below.

Your cancellation reason: Buyer asked to cancel the item(s) in this order
Order number: 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

A buyer can cancel a transaction if it's less than an hour since purchase, and the seller hasn't yet sent it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/canceling-order/cancel-order?id=4004&st=3&pos=2&query=Cancel%20a...

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Ok,taking that as read, I srill don't have an answer to my question,. Hope some kind soul can provide an answer😇 l

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Your answer is in the email you were sent.

order was cancelled

This order was cancelled. You don't need to do anything else. See status of relisted item(s) below.

Your cancellation reason: Buyer asked to cancel the item(s) in this order

What does the item status say?
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

All I want to know is will the buyer automatically get a refund? If that makes me sound dense or stupid, please make allowances for an 82 yr old

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If they paid, yes they will have been refunded, and you will be out the Paypal fees. If their cancellation was prior to cleared payment there is nothing to refund.

All of this, and more, is available to every seller simply by looking at their account summary or Paypal transactions.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply