Case 5109227326 - Laser Level

dnetton
Community Member

Hello - I recently sold an item not realising the batteries had corroded the controls. The buyer has been in touch and we have agreed to a partial refund. How do I do this - I can only see a full refund option. Do I select refund and then specify the refund amount in PayPal?

Thanks. Nicole

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You can just use Paypal to send money - the buyer's Paypal email address will be on their invoice, use Paypal option "Send or request money".

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

When you go into PayPal, select the refund button next to the transaction and then you put in the amount you want to refund.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

the refund option in paypal is a littlebit of a worry if you have never used it before.

it just says 'refund this payment' or something close to that and leaves the first timer thinking 'if i press this will it automatically refund the whole payment?'

but no, it takes you to a new page with an area to put in the amount you wish to refund.

once your happy with the amount you have put in you then press the refund button.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@nevillesdaughter wrote:

You can just use Paypal to send money - the buyer's Paypal email address will be on their invoice, use Paypal option "Send or request money".

Cheers,

Marina.

You should never refund this way. If you do so then the buyer opens and wins a dispute the whole payment will be refunded and you will be out the amount of the earlier payment as it has no connection to ebay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply