Chance To Tell AUSTRALIA POST what YOU THINK .....

Hi all.

Received this by email the other day from Aus Post.

EVERY Seller has the chance to tell Aus Post what they think and Suggest Improvements/ changes.

Give them the Message ...... limited time from what I can gather.

Here is the link - 

https://conversation.auspost.com.au/national

I've given them my 5cents worth !

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Chance To Tell AUSTRALIA POST what YOU THINK .....

One of my main gripes with Aus Post is there labels that they put on the boxes at the Post Office

If I send an Item within Australia under 500g boxed it costs $7.20 , If I add Sign on Delivery that adds another $2.95 to the cost. however , The Australia Post label that they put on at the Post office only says $7.20.

Why can,t they put the correct Total price ( $10.15 ) on the label , that I am paying at the Post office & that the buyer has paid ??

If I send an Item overseas, Lets say to USA under 500g box

I charge $14.10 + $1.00 ( Handling , Cost of Aus Post Packing Box + tape etc etc )

If I have to send it by either Registered Post International or Track & Send then that adds another $6.00 which I charge to the buyer as you do

Total Cost = $21.10

My Problem is even when sending it via Registered Post International or Track & Send, the Price reflected on the Aus Post Label from the Post office is only $14.10

What this means in some cases, The Buyer Knows he has paid $21.10 however , They think that it only cost me $14.10 because of the Label or Postage Stamps and they think they are being ripped off .

Why can,t they put the correct Total price ( $20.10 ) on the label , that I am paying at the Post office & that the buyer has paid ??

So every couple of months I get an Ebay message saying this below

( Mind you I have 100% feedback , Never had a Negative , )

I phoned Ebay and they stated the reason for me receiving the Message Below  was because of low ratings from Ebay USA buyers regarding Postage costs

Keep improving your selling performance to avoid limitations

We're writing to let you know that your performance record as a seller was below the minimum perfornance standard required of all eBay sellers. As a result, your search placement will be lowered and selling limits will be placed on your account until your ratings improve. Also, funds from your sales may show as pending in your PayPal account and be unavailable for a period of time to allow for successful fulfillment.

We know your intention is to provide great service to your customers. We want to help you improve your seller performance so you can have faster access to funds when your buyer pays, regain your position in search, and continue listing and selling on eBay without these consequences.

Get your pending funds quickly
To access pending funds as quickly as 3 days after eBay can confirm delivery, we recommend that you ship within 24 hours after your buyer pays and print your postage label on eBay. With eBay label printing:

• Tracking information is automatically provided to eBay
  • You get discounted postage rates (the eBay label printing service is FREE)
  • Funds for postage will be available to you immediately (up to $15)

If you don't use eBay label printing

• If you post directly using USPS, UPS, or FedEx, you can upload your tracking information manually to My eBay. Your pending funds will be available 3 days after eBay receives confirmation of delivery.
  • Mark items as posted in My eBay. Even if you don't upload tracking, if you mark the item as posted in My eBay, your pending funds will be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
  • If you don't provide tracking information or mark the item as posted, or the estimated delivery date can't be calculated, your pending funds will be available 21 days after your buyer pays.

Regardless of how you choose to ship, please keep in mind that it might take longer to get your funds if your buyer reports a problem with the transaction.

Other reasons access to funds may be delayed:
Funds could also be delayed if a higher than normal level of risk is associated with your account-for example a sudden spike in eBay Buyer Protection cases, PayPal disputes or claims, unusual selling activity, items with an exceptionally high selling price, or sales in a new category or a category such as tickets, travel, or gift certificates.

Based on your ratings, we recommend you focus on writing better item descriptions for your listings, and charging reasonable postage and handling.

Writing better item descriptions for your listings
Buyers rely on the information in your listing description to decide whether and how much to bid or buy. To better manage their expectations:
-Write simple and clear descriptions, with no misleading or conflicting information.
-Use original rather than stock photos.
-Provide details regarding the condition of the item, fully explaining any defects or flaws.

Learn more about

Charging reasonable postage and handling
In today's online market, buyers expect to pay actual postage costs or to get free postage.
To meet buyers' expectations:
-Charge the least amount you can for postage and handling, or offer free postage.
-Once you set your postage cost, stick to it. Don't add to or change any fees after setting them.

Visit your Seller Dashboard often for specific details about your performance and areas where you can improve.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Every time  I post a parcel at the post office, my docket gives me the chance to do a 4 minute  online survey and tell Australia post what i thought of the service that day and anything else i wish to tell them. By doing this I also go into the draw to win $1,000 worth of gift cards. I often tell them what I think they could do to improve.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I get to fill out an AP survey after an online request to transfer parcel (to another AP branch) has been completed.  I fill it out with the same complaint - the service has gone from answering your request within two business days to removing that notice altogether and replacing it with apologising for the delays - so I say the service is getting slower and it is unacceptable.  I've yet to see any improvements - in fact far from it.

My last experience with the service was so slow they could have POSTED a reply to me, I could have posted one back and they could have posted another reply in the time it took AP to finally get my parcel moved approx 5km.  I suspect the section that handles at least the online part of the process is probably seriously understaffed....which means that up the chain to the bigwigs that run it they probably couldn't care less how much the customer complains.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I agree that what you pay to AP should be reflected on the printed postage sticker that AP attach to your parcel.  There should be no discrepancy between what has been paid and what is on the sticker.  

Maybe there should be two stickers - one for actual postage, another for additional services paid for.  That way buyers would have no doubts that what they have been charged is fact.  

And that message from eBay -  What a load of crock...!!!  Unbelievable!!!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply