Change to Australia Post International Shipping Options

I am an Australian based seller. In recent days when attempting to list items that I offer worldwide and that weigh over 2kg, I am being prevented from publishing the listing due to a Listing Error. The eBay message reads as follows:

"Package weight is over the weight limit for service AusPost Air Mail Parcel. The maximum weight is 2 kg. (Application.Trading. 100219021)."

On April 18, 2016 Australia Post changed its options for international postage. For one of the new options, namely 'Economy International Post - Airmail Own Packaging', the maximum weight is 2kg. However, eBay has not updated its listing template to reflect the new Australia Post options and sellers can only choose from now redundant options. Without the template being updated, it appears that I cannot list items internationally that weigh over 2kg. Is there an update to the listing template scheduled?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Kind of covered in this thread I think..................

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Ebay-says-that-I-can-no-longer-send-parcels-by-mail-that-exc...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

You can get around this at this stage by offering flat rate postage as you don't have to enter the weight for flat rate postage.

You choose the custom location and you can enter up to 5 different rates to cover the various countries you select.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Same problem.please email or ring them as I am going to do now. Totally unacceptable.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply