Change to seller dashboard

Hi,

I have had what I thought was a problem with my seller dashboard for a number of weeks and have written to ebay about it on a number of occasions. They repeatedly told me to be patient while their technical team looked into it. Then, today, I received this message from them.

"Eve, I just got a reply from our Technical Department and they advised that for now defect rate will display a number and no longer a percentage. Thus, the number 3 indicates that 3 items were marked as having any one of 7 defects. This was done to make the seller dashboard clearer. Anything over 5 will cause for you to lose your top rated status."

I just thought I would ask if you all find that this is also the case with your seller dashboards for the 'Seller level' and 'Projected Seller level' as the message suggests that ebay in their 'wisdom' have decided we are not capable of understanding the level, when expressed as a percentage.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

mine still has a percentage.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Mine is showing percentage and the TRS threshold is still showing 2%.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

One of my selling IDs shows a percentage on the current rating tab, but has just a number on the projected rating tab.  I wondered about that myself, it has been this way since mid-June.

The other selling ID still has percentages on both tabs. 

Maybe it's a slow rollout.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yes that's possible I guess.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I have an explanation for this.

I had a case closed without seller resolution - long story and I've now had it removed - anyway for the first month it was counted as a percentage which that one defect brought me within 0.04% of being below status (.03% is the cut-off).  The little slider was JUST in the green zone. One more resolution defect and I was a goner.

Then the evaluation rolled over and suddenly the slider was way into the green zone with the same number of defects.

So I talked to account management because I was considering moth-balling this account.  It turns out that when you get past a magic number of 12-months sales - somewhere between 320 and 358, she wouldn't say - then the assessment changes from a count to a percentage.  

So my first assessment I was at 358 12-monthly sales  - with the percentage I would have only needed one more to be below standard.

The second assesssment I dropped to 320 sales - reverted to a count which allows 2 defects before going below standard.

Very unfair - I haven't done the math but there is a big zone from ~350 sales before the % rates is equitable to 2 defects.

I suspect the same happens for INAD/postage defects

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for explaining what you believe happened to you.

If this is the explanation, then typically the explanation I have been given by ebay (see my original post) is misleading.

I've been selling on ebay long enough for this to be absolutely no surprise at all !!

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

I have an explanation for this.

I had a case closed without seller resolution - long story and I've now had it removed - anyway for the first month it was counted as a percentage which that one defect brought me within 0.04% of being below status (.03% is the cut-off).  The little slider was JUST in the green zone. One more resolution defect and I was a goner.

Should be 0.3% 

Oopsy!

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply