Changing Store Name

Hi, I am thinking of changing my store name as I have just sold my non ebay business of the same name does anyone know if it is possible to do ? I really don't want to start again as I have a really good feedback rating.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Changing Store Name

Yes it's easy - but did you want to change your userid or your store name (or both).

If you want to change your userid ... go to the my account tab and the "Personal Information" link.

If you want to change the store name go to Manage My Store, and the Display Settings link.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

valdoe
Community Member

Great to know.

The question do you lose all your feedbacks on your id and store?

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

No - your feedback stays.

The main complications that arise are if you have external links to the ebay store (eg from facebook) - they might need to be changed.

Ditto, if you have coded links into your listings that point to a specific store area (category, faq, product etc) - they may need updating.

Also if a past buyer tries to find you they may not be able to find you as easily through search (but things like feedback and bookmarked sellers will be updated to the new name).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

if you are going to change both to the same thing, then it is best to change your user name first as it is not possible to have an ID the same as an existing store, so even though it would be your store, the system would not allow it

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply