Changing payment methods after sale

conco-5591
Community Member
I’ve just had an item sell via auction. When listing I enabled PayPal for the payment option. The buyer doesn’t use PayPal and wants to pay by card however ebay is not allowing it. Is there a way I can change it to allow payment by card?
Thanks
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I would be sceptical with a card payment if it's not through PayPal, and unless you are a merchant seller I don't think they can pay that way, tell your buyer it's easy to set up a PayPal account, it gives them buyer protection as well or you could tell them you accept bank deposit payments.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

If you offer PayPal, you can automatically accept card payments via eBay checkout - a PayPal account is not required for the buyer, they can normally just chekout by entering card details, though the seller does ultimately receive the funds to the PayPal account.

If the buyer can not check out with their card, and your PayPal account is all set up correctly (including the ability to accept card payments), then it would be an issue on their side which unfortunately you wouldn't be able to resolve by doing anything your side. (If you haven't upgraded to a premier PayPal account, this should not affect your buyer's ability to pay by credit card outside of a PayPal account, normally what happens is they can pay and then the seller receives an email prompting them to upgrade and accept the payment, but it's worth double-checking if you just have a personal account).

If the issue is on the buyer's side, someone may be be able to troubleshoot and help resolve, but they'd need to post all the details in a new help thread.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply