Charged an abserdly high fee from eBay Marketplace GmbH

leixan
Community Member

I was just charged $116.23 by eBay Marketplace GmbH.

I did sell something about a couple of months ago and it sold within 2 hours of listing, so it wasn't being automatically re-listed. The sale price was about $200. There is absolutely no way that i should be receiving a +50% fee.

How do i sort this out?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Charged an abserdly high fee from eBay Marketplace GmbH

$96.60 for me too - I'm about 4-5 hours away.

Could there be varying rates for capital cities and regional areas?
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@wide-world-of-stamps wrote:
$96.60 for me too - I'm about 4-5 hours away.

Could there be varying rates for capital cities and regional areas?

Could be WWOS. We're both regional/rural, Stawks is metro. That would make sense. It's dearer for me to send a parcel 3 doors up than what it is to send to Brisbane.

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

leixan
Community Member

I Thought i'd already replied to this thread to confirm i had sorted it out. Apparently i didn't.

Never the less, I sorted it out. Turns out i 'printed a postage label' which i don't recall doing. I'm being refunded for the postage as I didn't use the label. The fee ended up being about $32.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Best of luck, but I doubt an ebay CS rep can approve a postage refund without the authority of Australia Post.  You do not need to print the postage label, the charge is applied as soon as you generate a label, which you must have done for the charge to exist.

You had 5 days from the time of generating the label to cancel it.  It is then up to Australia Post to confirm the label has not been used, usually about 25 days, before a credit can be issued.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply