Charged fees on low/no fee seller promos - managed payments

cape878
Community Member

Since being migrated to managed payments I’ve taken up two $1 seller fee promos, just listing one item each time and upon selling these items I was charged the full seller fees on both occasions.  I’ve read on other forums that this issue isn’t unique to me - why are they triggering these promos if they haven’t built the infrastructure within managed payments to properly handle and honor them?  I got my fees back via live chat the first time around and plan to do so again tomorrow of course.  Anyone else found themselves in this situation and received any constructive feedback as to whether this is a known issue they are working to resolve, or do we just assume they are looking to garnish fees off poor customers and hope they don’t notice?

482567C6-FC4A-4EFE-81CB-1244528C2C67.jpeg8DEB4BD9-472E-4F0C-A373-A82317E3A3DF.jpegB8175FBF-4A25-4219-B152-1B6C3F99BCCD.jpegF649A8D3-D92A-4F40-AABB-D49E46696241.jpeg

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Charged fees on low/no fee seller promos - managed payments

Hello,
I've battled with eBay about this countless times over the last year or so.

Incentives like this are attractive for listing higher priced items. If seller's aren't diligently watching and don't pick up any "oversights" by eBay whereby promo not applied, then the fees can be considerable.

I've had to grind through hours of support contact to redeem around $400-500 fees over the past year....quite probably considerably more as at once stage the offers were for 10 listings discounted at a time, running over around 7 selling accounts. It turned into such a head ache.

These offers used to have the specific item numbers saved for reference, which made it a little easier to follow up but then eBay, for what reason I can't fathom, stopped most of the applicable item numbers from being referenced by the seller.

I don't really have any constructive criticism - just criticism.

The frustration of dealing with chat support & the time wasted each and every time is absurd, and makes for an unpleasant experience. If charging a meagre $ amount for our own time then profits or benefit from any promo are gone.

Certainly, as you express, to have a team come up with promo's, write the code for web formats, and the instigate the advertising etc. they can surely make it work through accounts and billing if they really want to. It could just be that the selective "hit and miss" way this works may be of a financial benefit to eBay. I say that because I have NEVER mistakenly not been charged fees on any sale that fees needed to be applied.

All the best with support !

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply