Chinese sellers should be banned from selling on eBay.com.au

It's disgusting how eBay Australia allows international Chinese sellers to list and sell on our site

My opposition are primarily Chinese who sell items for $1.00 (including shipping) But for me, the cheapest shipping within Australia is $7.20 + the  cost of the product. How can we compete with that? Yes, to send an item the size of two box of matches (for example) is $7.20

At the very least, our listings should get priority and appear ahead of theirs in search results

If your interested in drafting a protest, please post your interest here.

Regards

Dave

PS This is not a racial issue. My wife is Khmer (Cambodian).

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

Thes sellers should do what we do, list their item in their own country, and let it appear at the very end of the .com.au search results as "Other listings from international sellers"

Message 2 of 84
Latest reply

Yes I agree. In fact, so many buyers are p**d with the constant in your face chinese items that they no longer use ebay.

they all have **bleep** feedback.

Ebay really would have been better to split in two.

Ebay original and ebay new, or ebay local and ebay international.

Its not easy anymore to find what you want, very time consuming, and a million sellers selling the exact same thing!

If I was a new buyer, I would find ebay way too confusing and go elsewhere

Message 3 of 84
Latest reply

or we should relax, cant compete? how is that someone elses fault?

maybe choose something that isnt sold cheap out of china...

everyone deserves to make a living, even non australians.

Message 4 of 84
Latest reply

everything is sold cheap out of china these days.
Message 5 of 84
Latest reply

Of course you could always take the really radical option and choose "Australia only" from that list down  the left hand side of the page.

Message 6 of 84
Latest reply

the only trouble She El even that includes a lot more chinese listings these days.
Message 7 of 84
Latest reply

Customers have the freedom to choose to buy items from what ever store and what ever country they like though.

Why are there so many products Made in China in our retail stores? Has anyone tried to ban them from being sold in Australia?

Message 8 of 84
Latest reply

The "Australia ONLY" search filter should be the default filter since we are ebay Australia.

Then if buyers really wish to see the el cheapo Chinese stuff they can change their search filter to ALL.

Maybe there is some way we can have this default enforced thru legislation. Because there must be a whole bunch of money going offshore. And they don't use it to pay any GST or income taxes either. We Aussie sellers do tho.

Message 9 of 84
Latest reply

Because, am*3, those products have been properly imported paying their duties/taxes along the way.

Then the B&M stores employ people to sell them and the stores pay their taxes and so do the workers.

Nothing wrong with that.

Message 10 of 84
Latest reply