Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

It's now 3 sales where I've filed an unpaid item claim only to get a message from the buyer thinking they can pay for the item at Woolworths when they collect their item - pay on pickup.

I know you can't make every system foolproof but there must be a way to inform buyers they can't pay on pickup.

Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Click & Collect Woolworths Ambiguous

Given that majority of buyers only read the title and look at the photos, good luck putting payment instructions in listings. Very few would actually read it. People need to be more accountable for their own lives and stop trying to blame everyone else.

Message 31 of 51
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
The stores selling their own merchandise are fine,that is no different than buying on their own websites then going in to collect. It's using the unrelated stores to pickup items from that I have the problem with. There are enough problems finding a lost parcel when it goes missing already without added another party into the mix.

I couldn't agree more! I would never use it as a buyer and I certainly wouldn't offer it as a seller. If I lose a sale because I don't offer it, too bad. I'm not going to risk some high school kid losing the parcel I sent.

Message 32 of 51
Latest reply

the proof is there from the op , read the op thread , because its called click &collect , some people will think that way, 

as 247  is trying to tell you all. it might only be 5% or less but it can and has confused the ops  buyers for a start.

Message 33 of 51
Latest reply

@247newdeals wrote:

Wow I do not offer c+c I do not have a problem. I can however look at things from others point of view and see possible problems I DID offer a possible simple solution in that it would just take a simple pop up between purchasing and paying this would only have to be read once but it can make it clear the item needs to be paid for before it is posted. I am sure there are other, more than liely better solutions which is the point of a forum to brain storm and look for solutions to problems

You obviously did not read the earlier posts properly.   It is made perfectly clear that the items have to be paid for before they will be despatched either direct to the buyer or to the C & C location chosen by the buyer.

When I used C & C I bought the item and then a window opened for me to select the shipping method...either Australia Post or a number of Woolworths/Big W locations near me.

I selected the location, clicked to continue and was advised to pay now so the seller could send the items promptly.

As it was the first time I had used C & C it made no difference whether I was a seasoned buyer or a complete newbie.....I had to follow the instructions just as anyone would when using a new system.

Message 34 of 51
Latest reply

I agree it is not hard at all and if it is click and collect at Big W unless you pay for it in checkout its not going to be sent so I don't understand how they could think they could pay for it at Big W without going through checkout.I think it is common sense whether your a new or seasoned buyer.

Message 35 of 51
Latest reply

lyndal said:

When I used C & C I bought the item and then a window opened for me to select the shipping method...either Australia Post or a number of Woolworths/Big W locations near me.

I selected the location, clicked to continue and was advised to pay now so the seller could send the items promptly.

As it was the first time I had used C & C it made no difference whether I was a seasoned buyer or a complete newbie.....I had to follow the instructions just as anyone would when using a new system.

----------------

Thanks for that info. I found this really useful to know as I have never bought a click and collect item.

It sounds to me as if the system does make it clear to buyers that they need to pay, but I noticed one thing.

And that is, that the process would not necessarily be clear to someone till after they bought.

-------------------------------

When I was looking at MisterF's listings, I noticed it said click and collect OR free standard posting.

I think it would be very possible for someone browsing the ads to see that, then glance down at payment options, and think paypal was for the standard postage and cash on pick up was an option for click and collect.

I've read other people's comments here about how there is a difference between collecting an item from a shop that sold that item to where the shop was just an agent and of course they are right. But buyers aren't necessarily going to think it through, new buyers will probably assume the sellers have some business deal/arrangement with the shop.

In other words, I think it is confusing to a browsing buyer. The option to pay on pick up needs to be removed from the ad if it is not actually an option.

Message 36 of 51
Latest reply

the thing that was mixing customers up was the free pick up from my business premises.

This has obviously now added to the confusion of being able to pay for an item at a Woolworths store.

Message 37 of 51
Latest reply

I think your listings are very clear.  Seems like it's an issue of buyers not reading your listings correctly ....... so I guess that has to be factored in ............. sigh.

Click & Collect, whilst a little slower, can be convenient for some buyers.  There is no indication in any listings OR during payment and selecting the c&c, that payment on pick up there is EVER an option.  In fact you have to PAY before C&C will go through

Message 38 of 51
Latest reply

So this "Click & Collect " business is good for ebay and good for the big sellers and some smaller sellers.  I don't use it but I assume Woolies is getting a cut somewhere along the line...or are they doing it out of the goodness of their corporate heart?

Message 39 of 51
Latest reply

Part of it is to get you into a store and that means you might buy something while you are there to pick up an ebay item.
Message 40 of 51
Latest reply