Click and Collect Pros and Cons?

bmanly3
Community Member

I did a search of this and got a few threads up and some are old and others have some conflicting advice. Some people said they wouldn't rule it out and others have called it a disaster.

I sell all my items with tracked postage on top.

Do you use click and collect? What are the pros and cons? As a person who doesn't like extra parties involved in the handling of my deliveries I am a bit sceptical this is a good idea. Between me, the post office and the postie, I wonder if having supermarket staff handling your deliveries is a good idea.

So what is your opinion?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Click and Collect Pros and Cons?

@digital*ghost wrote:

@domino-710 wrote:

Not quite ' when you like ' - you have 48 hours to collect - if not - return to sender.

Parcel collect is a lot longer than parcel lockers - they go directly to POs and they will hold for at least 10 days - it's basically a no delivery / "no safe drop" arrangement and you get to pick which PO the package goes to (as long as the PO is a participating outlet).

Aahhhh…. Well  in that case, our office works had parcel lockers.    I never used it. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Not quite ' when you like ' - you have 48 hours to collect - if not - return to sender.

It is 10 business days for Parcel Collect and 48 hours for Parcel Lockers and 24/7 in most circumstances. I used Parcel Collect for my deliveries for quite some time before getting a PO BOX. I really liked using Parcel Collect as my deliveries went straight to the PO, then they emailed me when I had a parcel. Certainly much better than the red card in the letterbox or leaving my goods at the door. For apartment dwellers in particular, this is  a terrific free service.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I totally understand your situation with shift work and getting access to your deliveries.

After reading digital*ghost's reply about liability I have decided not to offer C & C. I just can't risk any loss or spend hours and hours fighting with ebay to try and get any type of compensation (if there is such a thing). Just reading the rules and regulations does my head in, so I think I will give it a miss for now.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

The parcel lockers at Officeworks were for their own delivery service, not for Australia Post. I use Parcel Collect because I got sick of parcels being stolen. Apparently we recently got parcel lockers at both 7 Elevens. Even though 7 Eleven is closer than the PO, I'll still probably keep using the parcel collect. It allows me more time should I not be able to get to the PO straight away.

I think you have 21 days to collect with parcel collect. Even then, my PO said they'd never return a parcel of mine, because they know me, know what I do for a living, and know I'll get there eventually. 

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Yeah, idc tbh. I never used it so what ever it was, didn’t relate to me. 
I ‘was’ 7kms from the local PO and about the same from East  -PO.
It was only 2.5kms from North Woolies, so for me, it worked very well.

I haven’t even selected C&C since moving, so I might select it next purchase to see what pops up in my area. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply