Click and collect beward

Just to let sellers know that click and collect is a time consuming exercise and I would not use it again.

Not only do you have to drive, find a park and then walk to the store (all this takes time) but then you have to wait in line at a layby counter.

I wanted an item quickly - the post would have been quicker.

The item took five days to arrive at the store and then after drive, park, find store had to wait 30minutes in a Queue.

Never again.

The seller of course is not at fault and while I gave postive feedback - I emailed the seller and told them and suggested that it may ultimately affect sales if others have my experience.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Click and collect beward

You don't have to accept Click and Collect from a seller. They have other postage options too. It is just another option offered for those that work during the day and can't get to the PO. They have a better chance of going to Big W or Woollies due to the extended hours. If you don't want to pick up from Big W or Woollies, select to have it posted to you.

Of course picking up from Big W is going to be hard this time of year. Everyone is picking up their layby's and finishing their Christmas shopping. Not only are the lines out the door, parking is a nightmare. You'd have to be crazy to think you could easily find a park and then walk straight up to the counter.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Sellers dont assume click and collect is for everyone - thats why they have other postal options.

I dont use it - but if I was working in a shopping centre, or close by, or my parcels were being stolen, or the post office was hard to access, I would.

Its just another delivery option - notn a way of doing business.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

the click and collect promotion at present with 15% off attracted me so I had a look and found something I wanted at supercheap auto.

unfortunately my $8 item was going to turn into $25 because it was not at my local store and would have to be posted. grr

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Buy it from the supercheap website. I bet they won't charge postage then.

There seems to be a prevalence of big box retailers not having stock when items are bought through eBay, but do when you buy direct.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply