Closed My Store And

Hi All

I just closed my Feature Store which I have had for some mine. $49.99 per month I should also state for the past 6 months it has been Free. One of eBays Promos.. anyway I closed it as it was completely dead I have over 300 listings there and nothing was happening for about 6 weeks. I closed it and eBay wanted to know why so I told them. Nothing in 6 weeks where as I was selling at least 1 or 2 a day but fot 6 weeks Nothing. I told them turn the lights back on.. Now it the past 2 Days I have had 6  sales. So as far as I am concerned eBay DO Control the sellers buy limiting what they sell.

Paddy

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Closed My Store And

The same thing happened to me around 12months ago.  Closed my store and in that last couple of weeks, sold heaps.  Thought, well maybe I should stay open so I did so and nil nothing closed it again.  It's just eBay trying to get you to stay open.  That's what I think and maybe you are right about controlling your selling.

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

how does ebay control your selling i can click on your items now and buy what i like , are you saying if i click buy now it will say sorry dont enter, also dont ebay make money when you sell something , so why and how do they want you not to sell ,

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

how does ebay control your selling i can click on your items now and buy what i like , are you saying if i click buy now it will say sorry dont enter, also dont ebay make money when you sell something , so why and how do they want you not to sell ,

There have been plenty of threads on this subject, but let me refresh your memory. If you click on someone's ID like you did, of course you can see their listings. However, when someone's lights are out, their items don't show up in search results when people search. For example, if you were selling a purple lampshade and someone put a search in for purple lampshade, your listing wouldn't show in the search results.

EBay don't care. That buyer will still buy a purple lampshade, but from a different seller. EBay still gets their payment because the buyer still bought. It is common knowledge that this does occur and ex eBay employees have revealed that it does happen.

Spoiler
Now lets see if I've opened a can of worms here........
Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

well i have never had that problem before , and what would ebay gain on lights out to a lampshade seller.for instance.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

So as far as I am concerned eBay DO Control the sellers

yep, i'm convinced that is the case

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

well i have never had that problem before , and what would ebay gain on lights out to a lampshade seller.for instance.

It helps to protect their protected sellers. It ensures the protected ones have the monopoly on sales.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

I think what eBay gains by turning lights out on sellers for a period of time, is instead of one seller selling all the purple lampshades, everyone that sells them gets to sell a few, meaning all sellers continue to list items, pay for stores, etc, while ever they are getting a few sales 

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

even on second hand books and clothes

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Yes

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply