Closed My Store And

Hi All

I just closed my Feature Store which I have had for some mine. $49.99 per month I should also state for the past 6 months it has been Free. One of eBays Promos.. anyway I closed it as it was completely dead I have over 300 listings there and nothing was happening for about 6 weeks. I closed it and eBay wanted to know why so I told them. Nothing in 6 weeks where as I was selling at least 1 or 2 a day but fot 6 weeks Nothing. I told them turn the lights back on.. Now it the past 2 Days I have had 6  sales. So as far as I am concerned eBay DO Control the sellers buy limiting what they sell.

Paddy

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Closed My Store And

Only idiots still hold on to the belief that 'throttlng' and 'lights out' do not happen. When everything is down; watchers, views, queries, ridiculous offers, then you know the lights are out, especially when it changes rapidly from one week to the next.

Completely immoral practice. I have said before that the throttling systems screws both buyers ad sellers! One quite rare and in demand item I had for sale was being throttled as all of the above was happening. Mine was listed for $500 (with make an offer), another for $730. The $730 item sold. Of course perhaps some people prefer to pay over the odds!!!! 

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I sell a plastic cleaner. I very rarely sell one (one order)in the space of a day.

When I do sell them, I will get several orders from around the country over say, a period of two days.

Then for the rest of the week nothing.

It ALWAYS happens like this.

I once had 3 or 4 orders in the space of a few hours then nothing for the rest of the week.

Pretty obvious I have a controlled "alowance" and when filled I'm cut off.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

It's a rigged market alright and you only have to look at the consistency of your monthly bill to work that out.

Since July my monthly invoice has been within a $40 range from high to low.

Check the invoice dropdown on your account summary page and see what you find.

The monthly allowance seems to be based on dollar amount of sales too as I've noticed an obvious pattern there.

I sell books and every so often I'll come across a rare or valuable book.

On occasion this has been 50x the average unit price.

In the month it sells I notice a significant drop in overall sales and my monthly bill is always in line with recent averages.

It's not even a very clever alorithm they are using to govern our sales as I'm able to predict future sales based on recent performance.

eBay don't even bother to hide the fact when they force us to accept in the user agreement that our listings may not always be seen.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

I think the most obvious sign of lights out is when you have a particular item which is selling rapidly and then sales, views etc for this item just come to a complete stop almost as if the item is no longer available
Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Daz, I would agree on the monthly totals except mine have been diminishing the SAME AMOUNT every month ...lol.

Rach, yes this is how most of my BIN multiple listings go. Sell ok or not at al..... no watchers, views or sales.

There has been talk of account activity helping sales. I'm now listing a few items every night to test this out.

So far I am getting sales every day so there maybe something in it. Time will tell.

Previously getting the lights on/off ebay selling methodology...

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

But are those sellers breaking their backs day and night for eBay like I am?

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

@dannydigital76 wrote:

But are those sellers breaking their backs day and night for eBay like I am?

And it took you 8 years to respond.

PS.  These are the Australian boards

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

When you work "day and night" you get tired & ask a question of someone who posted 7 years ago. You also get lost in your travels.

Please read the date of a thread... now have a lie down.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply