Closing my seller account

I am trying to close my account as I'm fed up with ebay,but when I try to close it this is what I get in response lol.

If your account has been suspended or restricted, you can’t close it until all matters have been resolved.

Ok then so I have attempted to have this matter resolved but again ebay won't resolve it,they just keep telling me that I will

never be able to sell again.

**bleep** if it can't be resolved then how can I close my account without having it all resolved?

Ebay are a bunch of **bleep**en idiots.

How does this ever get resolved then?

Do I stop using the account,which I can but it will still be open forever and that's what I don't want **bleep**!

Is ther a more difficult company to deal with than ebay? Don't think so.

Wake up ebay and hire someone that knows what your members are trying to talk to you about for **bleep**s sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Closing my seller account

Geez thanks for your wisdom.

Why does an account need to stay opened forever?

And the **bleep**en unresolved issues are ebays issues not mine and I want them resolved

so I can close the account,simple as that.

Don't start with your attitude as there is a solution to the problem but ebay won't meet me half way

and resolve it for **bleep** sakes.

I did nothing wrong in the first place and for ebay to keep carrying on with this **bleep** is just **bleep**.

Just close my account and it's over.

The gutless CS can't even do the right thing.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I  am also trying to close my account due to a dispute with EBay Regarding a monthly "Sellers Fee" which I knew nothing about until recently. I have contacted them by phone and Email and each time have been assured that they will sort it out. I have only sold one item for ages and actually refunded money to buyer, so infact EBay owes me a refund on the "Final Value Fee" When did these monthly fee's of $9.99  come into effect ? Dealing with them is a "Nightmare". I am a long term member and have a great feedback score. Just feel as though they have become "Very Greedy" and simply don't want small operators any more, hence the runaround. Has anyone else have this problem.  Lillymaze

I looooooooooooove Frogs
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

It sounds like you have some sort of subscription that has not been cancelled.  There are no other ongoing fees that I know of.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Are you using Selling Manager or something similar that attracts a monthly subscription fee?

If you've been charged this monthly then you should have noticed it on your credit card, or whatever fund source you use to pay your fees.
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Selling manager is free if you have a selling account, as is SMP if you have a store. If you haven't, it's not. And you need to unsubscribe to avoid continuing charges.

OP - I don't know what other subscriptions attract charges if you're not a seller, but Account>subscriptions will tell you.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

I'm trying to close my seller account too (22 Jan 2022) and have been going around in circles including following the instructions that eBay gives, which is exactly how Dave indicated.  I don't have a Store and when I go to Subscriptions, it says I do have a subscription so I can't close my account!  But then it does NOT say what subscription/s I have and how I unsubscribe to them!  How am I supposed to find these mysterious subscriptions?  My account is still open with no items to sell because I managed to change the listed dates that go into the future.  Great! 

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Advice given in 2018 may not work today

But since you only sold things the day you tried closing your account, you would not be able to 'close' that account the same day

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

OP ended the listing on 22 January but their last sale was on  the 23 Nov 2021 at 17:14:36 AEDST so they will have to wait the 180 days from the last sale date till the 23 April 2022 odd to close their account.

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Thank you for that

I did'nt actually click on the items under completed listings, just looked there and saw that the three there all had the green dollar amounts 

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply