Combined postage problem

Is it just me or has the combined invoice feature been removed or moved?

I've got a 5 item sale with the buyer asking for an invoice and do you think I can find the function to generate one?

Never had a problem before and combined postage IS allowed in site settings.

Is anyone else experiencing issues?

This site just gets more unreliable by the day!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Combined postage problem

@dazzledayz wrote:

I've got a 5 item sale with the buyer asking for an invoice and do you think I can find the function to generate one?

You can't combine post for BIN items. I share your frustration and have spoken to Ebay about it. A major mistake on their part because they lose money from it, and so do we. Most buyers would give up and shop elsewhere. They need to change it back so we can combine

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

To add, I mentioned in another thread I had a whole lot of low value but reasonably high demand like products that would likely result in multi sales, but didn't list when I remembered combined post wasn't possible. Huge pain

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

From memory I think this is a problem if the buyer is using the mobile app, ie shopping on their phone, to try to combine postage.

They must use a computer/PC.

Had a bulk sale last week on the 18th and was able to combine for the buyer. 

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

I still have the option available on an item that is currently unpaid - did the buyer go through checkout at all? That's the only time I've found that the option to send an invoice disappears, and if you have a payment method like bank deposit, once they select that it's locked in.

Did they use the "request invoice" function? If they did, you should have a message in your eBay inbox with a "send invoice" button, as well.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@digital*ghost wrote:

I still have the option available on an item that is currently unpaid - did the buyer go through checkout at all? That's the only time I've found that the option to send an invoice disappears, and if you have a payment method like bank deposit, once they select that it's locked in.

Did they use the "request invoice" function? If they did, you should have a message in your eBay inbox with a "send invoice" button, as well.

You nailed it Digi, that's exactly what she did.

To make matters worse, she's a newbie who chose bank transfer so I can't even use PayPal invoicing.

eBay's new and "improved" sold page no longer let's you know the buyer has opted for a transfer payment.

All I had was a buyer note requesting an invoice.

eBay really needs a quicky introduction for new buyers as they generate most of the issues.

I'll have wasted a few hours on sorting this buyer but I guess that's no skin off the eBay snout!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@dazzledayz wrote:

@digital*ghost wrote:

You nailed it Digi, that's exactly what she did.

To make matters worse, she's a newbie who chose bank transfer so I can't even use PayPal invoicing.

eBay's new and "improved" sold page no longer let's you know the buyer has opted for a transfer payment.

All I had was a buyer note requesting an invoice.

eBay really needs a quicky introduction for new buyers as they generate most of the issues.

I'll have wasted a few hours on sorting this buyer but I guess that's no skin off the eBay snout!

Oh yes ... the good old selected-bank-deposit-but-wanna-use-Paypal problem. I am very familiar.

I think, from memory, you have to get them to cancel and then re-purchase, because you literally can't do anything once they do that. It's good fun. If anyone knows of another way, please share.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@11dustyattic wrote:

@dazzledayz wrote:

You can't combine post for BIN items. I share your frustration and have spoken to Ebay about it. A major mistake on their part because they lose money from it, and so do we. Most buyers would give up and shop elsewhere. They need to change it back so we can combine

Dusty you can definitely combine BIN items BUT you need to have the opition selected in your account settings:

Account Settings > Site Settings > Postage Settings > Allow combined payments and postage > edit

If you plan to offer this I'd suggest seperate item/postage prices for listings.

The invoice page can be tricky and you should NEVER use the Recalculate function.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

Oh yes ... the good old selected-bank-deposit-but-wanna-use-Paypal problem. I am very familiar.

I think, from memory, you have to get them to cancel and then re-purchase, because you literally can't do anything once they do that. It's good fun. If anyone knows of another way, please share.

2 ways:

1. They pay in full via transfer then you refund the overpay, again via transfer - BSB/Acct or PayID

2. They register with PayPal, somehow get their user name to you and you send a PayPal invoice.

I suspect either of those methods will incur higher than necessary ebay fees ie on the full undiscounted price.

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@dazzledayz wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

@dazzledayz wrote:

Dusty you can definitely combine BIN items BUT you need to have the opition selected in your account settings:

Account Settings > Site Settings > Postage Settings > Allow combined payments and postage > edit

If you plan to offer this I'd suggest seperate item/postage prices for listings.

The invoice page can be tricky and you should NEVER use the Recalculate function.

Nope. I've done all of that, spoke to Ebay as well over the phone. They also told me it wasn't possible. I do work off my phone so the only thing I can think of is you would need to do it on a computer, which is seriously going back with the dinosaurs IMHO

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply