Combined postage problem

Is it just me or has the combined invoice feature been removed or moved?

I've got a 5 item sale with the buyer asking for an invoice and do you think I can find the function to generate one?

Never had a problem before and combined postage IS allowed in site settings.

Is anyone else experiencing issues?

This site just gets more unreliable by the day!

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Combined postage problem

@11dustyattic wrote:

Nope. I've done all of that, spoke to Ebay as well over the phone. They also told me it wasn't possible. I do work off my phone so the only thing I can think of is you would need to do it on a computer, which is seriously going back with the dinosaurs IMHO

Except, the app is a T-rex in itself. Might be all fancy and well-known and be lots of people's favourite....but them  itty-bitty arms make some tasks impossible.

I'm ok with my fully functional desktop, dinosaur or not. Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@digital*ghost wrote:

@11dustyattic wrote:

Nope. I've done all of that, spoke to Ebay as well over the phone. They also told me it wasn't possible. I do work off my phone so the only thing I can think of is you would need to do it on a computer, which is seriously going back with the dinosaurs IMHO

Except, the app is a T-rex in itself. Might be all fancy and well-known and be lots of people's favourite....but them  itty-bitty arms make some tasks impossible.

I'm ok with my fully functional desktop, dinosaur or not. Smiley Tongue

I found the app useless, but have found using the full desktop site much better, enabling me to do almost everything, except combined post it seems.

Can more sellers chime in please to tell us if those of you using a computer can combine BIN sales onto the one invoice before payment? I'm curious to know if everyone can do it. If so, I might have to drag out a dinosaur 😉 

Pile of laptops here I haven't been game to sell. No shortage of computers, just hate using them now. The phone is so quick and convenient with everything on the one small device. Can work wherever I am. Oh well sigh

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

sorry dusty, I am a dinosaur, I only have a desktop computer and combined postage works well with me.    I have my items set up with combined postage rules, and I can also respond when buyers use the cart and ask for combined invoice.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

While I have (and use) an iPhone and iPad, I prefer using my PC. I suppose we could rename these boards as Jurassic Park!

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

Given that eBay haven't managed to provide a useful app, you have probably hit the nail on the head.

When dealing with Jurassic Park, it pays to be a dinosaur.

I only use my phone for eBay if it is absolutely necessary. If I go to my mother's place for more than a few days, I take my PC. That has more to do with the fact that she spends her waking hours playing games on hers, so I don't have access to it. But the phone is really a non-option for me. It is limited and virtually useless for a seller.

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@countessalmirena wrote:

While I have (and use) an iPhone and iPad, I prefer using my PC. I suppose we could rename these boards as Jurassic Park!

Jurassic Park. I like it 👌👍

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

eBay and the app: shame.gif

(That's possibly my favourite Millan emoticon. It seems appropriate for so many things...)

@dustyattic, let me see if I can find a dinosaur emoticon.

Αἰὼν παῖς ἐστι παίζων πεσσεύων· παιδὸς ἡ βασιληίη. (Time is a child playing draughts; the kingship is a child’s.)

Dinosaur! - Er... lizard...?(but this is a lizard rather than a dinosaur)... St George saving the princess from the dragon(and this is a dragon rather than a dinosaur).

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

Only dino I've got (from my old Photobucket vault).

t3612.gif

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

@curraone wrote:

sorry dusty, I am a dinosaur, I only have a desktop computer and combined postage works well with me.    I have my items set up with combined postage rules, and I can also respond when buyers use the cart and ask for combined invoice.

Okay thank you. Sorry I missed your comment in amongst the dinosaur chat lol 

Thanks for that. You know I have come to love my phone, I hate being stuck at home, always on the go, and have formed quite a bond with my phone.There was a time where I simply couldn't afford to replace a laptop that died, a few years back, so I had no choice, phone or nothing. Hated it at first but then got used to it, so much so that I don't want to turn back now. Kind of like leaving your old home town where you grew up. Tough at first but then you don't ever want to go back. You've moved on. Or like my marriage lolol 

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Combined postage problem

I mainly sell postcards and stamps on my store account so get a lot of multiple purchases.  I have no problem issuing a combined postage invoice on both my computer and phone if the buyer requests it but in a lot of cases they don't.  I think one contributing factor is that the 'request total' button in the cart is often overlooked, due to where it is situated in the top right hand corner.  I made a multiple purchase myself the other day and didn't see it at first but did find it because I knew it should be there somewhere, and that was on my phone.  I think some people don't see it and just go ahead and pay rather than sending a message requesting an invoice (I do ask that they do that in my listings but I guess they don't read it).  I then just refund the excess postage via paypal. Yes, I know I lose the applicable paypal fee but it's not much on low priced items.  Not sure how this will go when Managed Payments kicks in through.  I do like the phone app and whilst there are a few things you can't do I find it invalluable when I'm not at home, or should I say when I used to be not at home!Smiley Happy 

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply