Confused about time to close a case

Hi - I've never had to open and close a case before, and I'm a bit confused.

I opened a non-paying case on 19th April.

Still no payment. I want to close it.

So is it correct that I can then close this case 4 x 24 hours after the case was opened?

But there is no opening time stated in the case details - just the date.

So does that mean the earliest I can close is 12:01 am on 24th???

If I attempt to close before this time, will the system stop me, or will it just means eBay eats my insertion credit etc?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Confused about time to close a case

No, it has to be a full 4 days (so 4 x 24 hours) to get a credit of the FVF. It's best to note the time it's opened so that you know when to close it. You can check before closing however, as when you click the 'Take Action' button, if there's still a note saying 'The buyer has four days to pay" (or something similar), then it's still within the 4 days. When that disappears, it's safe to close and get the credit. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You can close the case 4 days (4 x 24 hrs) after the case was opened and your Final Value Fees will be refunded.

To check your current cases go to your My eBay and under the Account tab click on Resolution Centre. There will be a message there if the case is eligible for a credit of FVFs. Sorry, we don't have any current cases open so I can't give you the exact wording.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

I'm too slow! As DG said, click on Add Note next to the item in your Sold list to help keep track of the time a case is opened.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips folks ... amazing that eBay can't manage to display the date AND time of the case opening though ... I suppose they make a few bucks from it through folks making mistakes.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks for the tips folks ... amazing that eBay can't manage to display the date AND time of the case opening though ... I suppose they make a few bucks from it through folks making mistakes.

You can close any time after the 4 days (for several weeks); in any case I am quite sure the date and time is there somewhere; but it has been ages ago that I did one so i cannot remember where.  You cannot close before the 4 days unless you click on the "buyer paid" option.  When the "buyer did not pay" closing option becomes available  then you close. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Ok thanks ... being too cynical! I close the case; "buyer did not pay" option was there, and got message re fund, so all is well.

Will know next time!

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply