Continual eCheque Payment

Item sold sometime early december and was paid by eCheque. Sent a message when it did not go through and they replied and paid again by eCheque. 

Now for the part I cannot understand, everytime the eCheque is cancelled (5-6 days I think) by Paypal due to no funds coming through they pay it again. What could be the reason for this? It's not like I am going to send it to it clears, is there some weird thing that happens if you drag it out long enough. 

I have never come across this before and I did do a buyer has not paid claim a week ago only for them tp use an eCheque again. I will have to message them again to see what the response is.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Continual eCheque Payment

I have a few of the item in question and it was only cheap so am waiting on a reply from them. 

The only thing that makes sense is if they are continually buying items using the cart and when they pay they do not uncheck the box for my item which they may not want anymore.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

I was away in Brisbane when lo and behold I hear the familiar tone of a payment being received from my phone. Turned out the last eCheque cleared and although they never responded to the question I sent it must have been enough for them to work out the issue they were having. 

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

I also had a buyer purchase 4 pairs of shoes in late December and the payment was to come through by e-cheque. This buyer has bought several things from me over the past year and always pays, though every time it's a bit of an ordeal, because it's always an e-cheque, it always cancels the first time and then paypal or ebay or whomever tell me to let the buyer know...and the e-cheque payment attempt doesn't seem to repeat.

Eventually, about 3 weeks later, the payment finally goes through. UGH.
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Patience is a virtue! Just think of it as the item being better on the 'sold but awaiting payment' pile than on the 'unsold' pile.
Message 14 of 14
Latest reply