Coronavirus COVID-19 - Economic impact on eBay Sellers. "Where there's Confusion there's Profit"

A friend once quoted "Where there's Confusion there's Profit".... "Where there's more Confusion there's more Profit".

Post your observations, stories, advice and Seller tips here to share.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 - Economic impact on eBay Sellers. "Where there's Confusion there's Pr

One packet of 100 would give me 10 years' supply.

Message 61 of 72
Latest reply

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19 - Economic impact on eBay Sellers. "Where there's Confusion there's Pr

I feel for Chinese Australians.  Nothing seems to have changed since the victimization of the Chinese who came down to Australia to try their luck at the gold diggings of yore.

Message 63 of 72
Latest reply

Should donate them!!!

Message 64 of 72
Latest reply

I go to Auctions to buy items and sell them on Ebay(jewelry/gold/silver). All auctions have been cancelled because of the invisible enemy nothing to buy for me to sell, Luckily i have plenty items hoarded in my spare room, still this is cutting into my collections, when will auctions start again? Online auctions almost impossible to buy anything when it comes to jewelry for reasonable price, Yes covid-19 is and will have an impact.

Message 65 of 72
Latest reply

Interesting statistic from NZ Herald today on Kiwi spending last month:

"Total sales online across all categories were up 6 per cent in the month, with spending at domestic sites up 24 per cent and international sites down 18 per cent."

The Kiwi's probably a little smarter when it comes to shipping times due to their location and limited transport options avoiding international sites.

Message 66 of 72
Latest reply

@offroad7400 wrote:

Interesting statistic from NZ Herald today on Kiwi spending last month:

"Total sales online across all categories were up 6 per cent in the month, with spending at domestic sites up 24 per cent and international sites down 18 per cent."

The Kiwi's probably a little smarter when it comes to shipping times due to their location and limited transport options avoiding international sites.

Smarter than....?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 67 of 72
Latest reply

Kiwi's are at the end of the world and know very well how long it takes to ship items from other places around the world.  Your typical Australian eBay buyer has little sense of shipping times and when you throw in a pandemic to slow everything down, don't understand the delays that could happen.

Secondly, the Kiwi's have a local online shopping portal which caters to the locals very well.  A portal that could one day come to Australia over time and provide some much needed competition and a platform for Australian based sellers.

Message 68 of 72
Latest reply

I hope that was an attempt at irony.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 69 of 72
Latest reply

Interesting observation this week which might benefit Australian sellers down the track.

Chinese sellers are raising their prices and in the category I sell, my prices for some items are now cheaper than my counterparts in China. This could be a reflection of the near doubling of air freight rates between China and Australia which would effect the 4PL shippers of Chinese sellers.

Secondly, with the long delays and increase in INR cases, Chinese sellers are possibly covering their losses.

As we know cheap price and fast delivery does not exist. Australian buyers effected by slow international delivery times through COVID might begin to learn and understand why Australian sellers products cost more due to our higher postage costs, but arrive much sooner...

Message 70 of 72
Latest reply