Counterfeit Item Messages

I’ve received a message from Ebay saying they’ve removed a “counterfeit item” – it is a book that I’ve written myself from scratch (the contents btw are not in the listing anyhow), so I am puzzled as to how it could possibly be counterfeit.

I am unable to respond to the message or contact anyone on Ebay about it to seek an explanation. It seems their “counterfeit item police” is above the law. I feel bullied.

Has anyone else experienced this?  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Seems a bit weird - this sort of thing usually happens if a verified rights holder reports a listing to eBay (eg a verified account owned by a brand, like Louis Vuitton, reporting listings of fakes etc). 

Titles of books aren't protected by copyright so it'd be weird if someone reported it for having the same title as another book.... How was it delivered? As in, was it a physical book that would be posted, or was it an ebook? Digitally delivered items are not typically allowed on eBay so if it was not a physical item that might have more to do with it than it actually being "counterfeit". 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

No - it's a digital book. I agree that it seems weird - even bizarre! 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply