Customer feedback - how many buyers bother to give feedback?

Hi - I have started to notice that fewer customers are bothering to do the feedback after they received their item.... do others experience this as well? What is your percentage of buyers on average who don't do feedback? For me it is about 35% now - seems quite high...

or is it a question of: who cares? But at this rate it will take ages before I get to the next 'star' level. Another case of 'who cares?'

Just curious.

Cheers, Carla

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Customer feedback - how many buyers bother to give feedback?

One ID I sell on gets a lot of feedback left, another not so much ( have sold women's clothes, younger styles, on that one recently). Maybe a generation thing? Some of the younger buyers may not bother leaving it?
Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

I think i probably get about 50% leaving feedback. i have a few accounts and it's all about the same.

I think it used to be better, but it might have changed since sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore. People have now lost faith in the feedback system, because it's not an accurate way of finding out about a member. So now a lot of members just don't bother to say anything.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I have several accounts and they are all the same around 30% of buyers do leave feedback but I don't stress over it because if I don't receive feedback and don't hear from the buyers I then know that all is good anyway.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

I'd say I get about 1 in 10 leave it. It used to bother me, but it doesn't any more. I figure no feedback is better than bad feedback!

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

About 50% in my approximation.  I leave feedback for everyone but if I think it is courtesy to reciprocate feedback if you received high qulaity service and products.

I think that EBAY needs to make the buyers more accountable and sent reminders that feedback helps the system work.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

Maybe eBay is telling buyers that feedback is no longer anonymous. Might put some people off.
Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

I always leave feedback (unless I have decided it would be kinder to a seller not to).

But then again, I post on these boards too, and so we're a certain sub-type who don't mind corresponding.

I would guess some buyers just can't be bothered. And I would also guess ebay may eventually move away from feedback.

Mind you, I have been frustrated at times when I haven't been able to give feedback to Groupon or catch of the day!Smiley Happy

I've thought 'Wish I could tell them what i thought of that one!"

Maybe that's why they don't have it.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

I think people are just busy and don't think it's important. When you shop elsewhere online you often aren't asked to leave feedback at all. Many people, who increasingly shop online in a range of places, just don't think of it. I do think a seller's overall rating is still really important to buyers though. I always check it out.

Then there are those of us for whom life just gets too darn busy. Family, work, home. Don't always get back to the computer ontime and even when I do it's like to be for chores like paying bills.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Yes I do less feedback than I used to but also my sales are so down the last year that its hard (very poor at maths !!!) to work out whether the actual percentage is so much less.

I do also send out some follow-up messages in which I say, amongst other things, 'if you feel my service warranted it, I would be very grateful to receive feedback, reflecting your satisfaction'. (grovel, grovel !!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ) This does bear some fruit.

I did very recently get feedback and a reply from one buyer who very sweetly said that she had never left feedback before, wasn't very computer savvy but for me she had learnt how to do it because she believed I deserved it (Positive FB, that is !)

This last buyer comment probably also attests to the comment mentioned in other posts here that a lot of buyers and possibly sellers as well, don't think feedback is that important.

I do think that sellers in particular overrate the importance of FB but I lay the blame for that at ebay's door since they are always 'banging on' about our seller performance and how the seller performance standards are such an measure of that !! As a result, for many each little defect, seems to take on such significance' when in fact this probably is not something prospective buyers take very much notice of !!

If you apply a bit of objectivity to this, you quickly see that this is ebay just attempting to keep us seller on a 'tight leash' !!!!

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

I sell on another site and at this moment I have 10% of my sales with feedback.

I think it is only important on Ebay. No news is good news,

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply