Customers having issues with combined shipping

I seem to be having constant issues with customers  messaging me asking for a combined invoice -  but the items are not in my awaiting payment section - so I can’t send them a combined invoice? 

I message them asking to buy the items but don’t pay - but maybe I am not wording it right - as I usually get a few messages then the buyers give up 

I don’t require immediate payment on my

items 

I dont understand why some customers are able to buy items without paying & I can send them a revised invoice - but others seem unable to?

in my settings I have clicked the allow combined shipping button 

theory - do people need to use a computer to do this? 

does anyone have some clear instructions I can send  to buyers ? 

any help would be greatly appreciated as I seem to be losing sales every week -because some people are unable to buy items without paying 

many thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The only way to avoid issues is to use a simple postage method. It works well for items that have similar postage prices. If you just charge a flat postage fee then an extra amount for each item purchased after that. 

So an example would be if you charge $10 postage for the first item then an extra $2 for each item after that. You increase your item price to allow for the reduced postage price and you make it simpler for the buyer.

This works well for clothing sellers who have enough items where buyers will want to purchase more. Does not work for book sellers or sellers of large items.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

This has been a constant complaint for many years.....there are MANY threads that have been started because of the issues.....

I've lost many sales too....BUT.....my buyers that seem to get it 1) use a computer or laptop 2) have disabled immediate payment at their end....

other than that, it's in ebay's interest to get as many fees from postage that they can....just my 2 bob's worth

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply