Customers that watch your items...

As a store holder, it can be quiet frustrating having all these watches and not been able to communicate with them.

An example of what I mean;

I have on average 50++ watches, as it's Ebay’s rules and regulations that they cannot disclose the customers (watchers) Ebay user ID so I’m unable to ask the customer (watcher), if they need any assistance.

I would like to treat my customers (watches), like a customer walking into my shop and they start browsing (watching) and I ask them if they need any help. On some occasions they are just happy to browse but in other instances they are more than happy to accept your help. In the end the customer is happy as they received the service that they deserve along with their item(s) and the shop is happy as they received a sale.

My point is I would very much like to assist my customers (watches), however Ebay makes this quiet difficult.

Just wondering if there are any fellow store holders that share the same frustration.

Your comments, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Customers that watch your items...

Having lot of watchers who do not bid does not worry me; what would be a real worry is to have no watchers.  🙂 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

I have to admit I never give it a thought - I don't care how many watch I get down to business when I get the order and paypal advice. I don't understand how watchers can be annoying to any one when we all know that is exactly what they are - watching, browsing, sorry I just can't it as a problem.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

Yes I have what I call chronic watchers. They constantly watch items and never place a bid. I sometimes wonder if they think that one day you will give it to them for free if they watch for long enough. Also called tyre kickers! There are far too many of them, and it is a pity that they cannot be identified. As they never place a bid, just watch!!

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

I like watchers as they tend to turn into bidders.

It seems that you need between 3 and 5 watchers for one of them to become a bidder.

100 plus views,13 watchers and 12 bids are figures I like,:-D

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Yes I have what I call chronic watchers. They constantly watch items and never place a bid. I sometimes wonder if they think that one day you will give it to them for free if they watch for long enough. Also called tyre kickers! There are far too many of them, and it is a pity that they cannot be identified. As they never place a bid, just watch!!

well, I like the look of that plough!  Unfortunately, I am interstate and not able to bid or buy.  BUT, I am going to place it on my watch list to see how it goes 😉

Thank you for posting on this thread . . . . I had forgotten about it once it moved down the thread list due to inactivity.  Now that you have posted here you may find your watch numbers increase even more!  Won't necessarily mean more bidders or buyers.  Like me, forum readers may just be interested to see how your items go!

well, I like the look of that plough!  Unfortunately, I am interstate and not able to bid or buy.  BUT, I am going to place it on my watch list to see how it goes 😉

Thank you for posting on this thread . . . . I had forgotten about it once it moved down the thread list due to inactivity.  Now that you have posted here you may find your watch numbers increase even more!  Won't necessarily mean more bidders or buyers.  Like me, forum readers may just be interested to see how your items go!

(coffee splatter on screen)

I like the thought of a plough too-just popping it on my watch list now :-x

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

Like me, forum readers may just be interested to see how your items go!

Or people like me who will do it just to annoy ]:)

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

I set my selling view so I can't even see the watchers.  There's no point really!  I go by sales.   I know I watch things to window shop.  It is like a 'some day I might' basket.

I often go over my limit and have to go through and delete all the ended things!  Compared to the amount I watch I hardly buy a thing.

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

I really like the ones that buy without having watched!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."

Goethe

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

Your comments, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 🙂

It's why selling online turns me off.

I like the face to face contact part of selling that I get on the markets.

There I can give the punters a bit of cheek, have a joke with them, and see their reaction to everything I say and do.

Message 50 of 50
Latest reply